Another bomb threat found at Hillsboro M.S.
Putting ‘Hillsborough’ on the map
More jobs likely at Candle-lite
Veteran gravestones get facelift
Portman rallies Highland County Republicans
- Another bomb threat found at Hillsboro M.S. - 8:40 pm
- Putting ‘Hillsborough’ on the map - 6:28 pm
- More jobs likely at Candle-lite - 5:53 pm
- Access for handicapped - 9:06 pm
- K9 D’Jango demonstrates abilities - 1:51 pm
- Committees tackle design review, visitors bureau, Colony - 11:26 am updated: 1:23 pm.
- Veteran gravestones get facelift - 7:03 pm
- Faust wins $2,000 top prize during Habitat fundraiser - 5:43 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 3:36 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 3:35 pm
- Highland County Sheriff’s Office reports - 1:41 pm
- Portman rallies Highland County Republicans - 3:45 pm updated: 3:47 pm.
- 10th annual GHS History Day - 6:43 pm updated: 6:44 pm.
- State releases redacted Pike County autopsies - 6:16 pm
- One transported from accident scene - 4:56 pm
- Barrera announces $25,725 traffic safety grant - 4:20 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 4:09 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 4:02 pm
- Wreck tangles vehicles - 1:50 pm updated: 6:01 pm.
- 2nd Update: Lambert indicted by federal grand jury - 12:46 pm updated: 2:40 pm.
- School board has 30 days to appoint new member - 9:48 pm
- Deceased POW to get HHS diploma - 8:14 pm
- Conservation Farm Family - 4:59 pm updated: 6:41 pm.
- Back in the saddle - 8:57 pm updated: 9:09 pm.
- Greenfield annexation on hold - 4:43 pm
- Early voting starts here Oct. 12; no ‘golden week’ - 4:20 pm
- Teen sentenced for bomb threat - 4:02 pm updated: 5:30 pm.
- Drug plan approved - 8:27 pm
- Kids ‘invisible victims’ of opioid crisis in Highland County, elsewhere - 4:49 pm
- More transparency with online checkbooks - 3:39 pm
- A surprise painting - 8:35 pm
- Motown coming uptown - 7:51 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 5:46 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 5:42 pm
- HDH taking cautious look at new pain management program - 5:10 pm updated: 7:22 pm.
- Highland County Sheriff’s Office reports - 2:51 pm
- Historical society looking to expand hall of fame - 9:04 pm
- OCC concert Sunday at Prospect UMC - 4:17 pm
- Hillsboro man gets 8 years for vehicular assault - 3:56 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 3:15 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 3:13 pm
- Quack for Habitat: Duck race, 5K fun run/walk Sept. 24 - 3:07 pm
- Paint Creek, with grant, acquires new tender truck - 12:00 pm updated: 12:58 pm.
- State report card grades bring complaints - 6:14 pm
- Burwinkel Bright Futures Award winner - 1:50 pm
- Drug problem’s link to foster kids outlined - 1:43 pm
- Sam Barnhouse remembered as jovial, kindhearted - 9:37 am updated: 9:41 am.
- Mayor proclaims ‘Constitution Week’ - 4:18 pm
- Lambert case still being investigated - 3:52 pm
- FGBMFI dinner, meeting - 2:22 pm
Hillsboro Police Department reports
The Hillsboro Police Department has released the following information:Sept. 23ARRESTS/CITATIONSJoshua R. Roland, 33, of Hillsboro, was arrested on a ...
Highland County Sheriff’s Office reports
Sheriff Donnie Barrera reports that for the week of Sept. 19-25, the Highland County Sheriff’s Office received 356 911 calls, answered 170 reque...
Portman rallies Highland County Republicans
U.S. Sen. Rob Portman rallied local Republicans on Saturday when his campaign rolled through Hillsboro on the first stop of a tour through southern an...
10th annual GHS History Day
The Greenfield Historical Society will hold its 10th annual History Day on Saturday, Oct. 1 at its buildings at the east end of Jefferson Street in Gr...
State releases redacted Pike County autopsies
COLUMBUS — The attorney general’s office on Friday released heavily redacted copies of the final autopsy reports in the unsolved slayings ...
One transported from accident scene
One person was transported from the scene of this accident around 2 p.m. Friday near the junction of SR 124 and U.S. 50 on the east side of Hillsboro....
OHSAA week two football computer rankings
The Ohio High School Athletic Association released its second high school football computer rankings Tuesday afternoon. The weekly computer ratings ar...
HHS back-to-back SCOL champs
The Hillsboro Lady Indians golf Team is back-to-back South Central Ohio League champion after Saturday as they bested the rest of the league to win th...
AP week three Ohio high school football poll
How a state panel of sports writers and broadcasters rates Ohio high school football teams in the second weekly Associated Press poll of 2016, by OHSA...
LC sweeps HHS in soccer
The Hillsboro boys and girls soccer team hosted Lynchburg-Clay high school on Monday evening for a cross-county match up. At the end of the night, Lyn...
Massie blows away Tigers 56-0
The McClain Tiger football team (1-4, 2-0) hosted South Central Ohio League powerhouse Clinton-Massie (4-1, 2-0) onto their field Friday night and the...
HHS comes up short to ‘Cane
The Hillsboro took very little time getting on the scoreboard first on Friday night against the Wilmington Hurricane, as they threw a 65 yard touchdow...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Hillsboro FFA at Farm Science Review
This year the Hillsboro FFA chapter took 58 members to London, Ohio to attend the Ohio Farm Science Review on Tuesday, Sept. 20. Students had a chance...
October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month
The Highland County Board of Commissioners proclaimed the month of October as Domestic Violence Awareness Month. Pictured Wednesday with commissioners...
SATH announces Cutie Pie, Cutie Pet winners
The annual SATH Cutie Pie and Cutie Pie contests at the 2016 Highland County Fair this year raised a total of $3,000 for KAMP Dovetail.KAMP (Kids And ...
Fair flowers show results
Dahlia Fair Show ResultsSept. 5:Best of Show Specimens – Emile Tissot Award: Michael Kuduk.Second Best of Show – Larry Moore.Largest Bloom...
Mercer reunion held in Leesburg
Descendants of L.G. and Stella Mercer met at the Fairfield Local School Auditeria recently for their annual reunion.On Jan. 17, 1900, Lewis Gilmore Me...
Trio of McClain exchange students introduced
McClain High School is hosting three exchange students for the 2016-17 school year – two juniors and one sophomore. The juniors are Jamie Dische...
Hillary’s health, Trump’s racism
For daring to ask Hillary Clinton several questions and follow-up questions about her disregard for national security in regard to her use of private ...
Old sports writer rides again
For the first time in a long time I covered a high school football game last week. It was not how I intended to spend my Friday evening when I woke up...
The old man and the baby
The old man sat down in the overstuffed chair while the rest of the family gathered in the kitchen and the other rooms in the large house, chatting, l...
The history of school dress code
Much like parents around the county, I shipped my kid off to school last week.Unlike many other parents around the county, I didn’t post the cla...
Colony plan good compromise
The latest plan in regard to the Colony Theatre seems like a good middle ground between trying to salvage the landmark and demolishing it completely.M...
Different, but really the same
Can it really be that time of year? That was the question I asked myself last Friday as I stepped out the back office door and heard the familiar soun...