3,600 ballots so far in Highland County
Likely abduction averted
Council says no to FOP
Flurry of filings in Hastings case this week
- Colony keepsakes - 6:48 pm
- Hillsboro man set for prison on other violations - 5:32 pm updated: 5:43 pm.
- 3,600 ballots so far in Highland County - 4:51 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 1:10 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 10:42 am
- Take Note - 10:34 am updated: 11:33 am.
- Likely abduction averted - 8:31 pm updated: 10:44 pm.
- No arrests, many questions 6 months after 8 killed - 6:21 pm
- Council says no to FOP - 6:09 pm updated: 11:54 pm.
- Suit against Greenfield dismissed - 4:33 pm
- SATH Radio-a-thon is Oct. 24 - 2:06 pm
- Take Note - 10:21 am
- Horst responds to spending criticism - 7:08 pm
- Flurry of filings in Hastings case this week - 6:59 pm updated: 8:06 pm.
- Magic coming to Highland House - 5:38 pm updated: 7:04 pm.
- Candidates at a glance - 5:37 pm updated: 5:48 pm.
- Treatment for teen after bomb threat - 5:19 pm
- Candidates for commissioner tackle issues - 5:07 pm updated: 5:15 pm.
- 5K to benefit memorial scholarship - 4:48 pm
- Take Note - 11:52 am
- ‘Frontier’ will be new league’s name - 8:44 pm
- Fairfield drops levy - 7:28 pm
- Violations land man in prison for 12 months - 5:14 pm
- New athletic building? - 4:58 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 10:43 am
SATH Radio-a-thon is Oct. 24
Supplemental Assistance to the Handicapped (SATH) has announced that it will hold its 14th annual Radio-a-thon from 6-10 p.m. Monday, Oct. 24 at the C...
Greenfield hydrant flush Oct. 21Beginning at 9 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 21, the Village of Greenfield will be flushing fire hydrants. Residents will exper...
Horst responds to spending criticism
Commissioner Tom Horst responded on Wednesday during the weekly meeting of the Highland County Board of Commissioners to what he said was criticism re...
Flurry of filings in Hastings case this week
A flurry of new orders and memorandums were filed Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday in the Drew Hastings case, including a request from the second special...
Magic coming to Highland House
Magicians’ colorful posters will soon adorn the walls of the Highland County Historical Society’s Highland House Museum.Now through Monday...
McClain vs. Upper Arlington
Editor’s note – This is a part of a continuing series of previews for the third annual Ohio Valley Hoops Classic Basketball Tournament tha...
SCOL fall sports standings
The South Central Ohio League has completed the regular season in eight of its nine fall sports. Listed below are the final standings in those sports:...
OHSAA Football Computer Rankings
The Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA) Football Computer Ratings as of Oct. 18 are listed below. The top eight schools from each region in ...
Thank you Highland County: it’s been a blast
My mother made me get this job….kinda.Three years ago in August, I was eight months removed from college graduation still looking to start a car...
Tigers lose shootout with WCH
The Washington Blue Lions and McClain Tigers continued one of the oldest rivalries in Ohio high school football Friday night at Gardner Park.The Blue ...
Indians win on Homecoming
The Hillsboro Indians hosted South Central Ohio League opponent East Clinton on Friday night for their homecoming game and did exactly what you’...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Jingle Bell Bazaar moving
The Jingle Bells Bazaar which has been held at the Hills and Dales Training Center for the past 20 or so years has officially outgrown the former faci...
Scott visits Bright Elementary
The sixth grade science classes at Bright Elementary had a special guest speaker on Oct. 18. Megan Scott from the Highland County Soil and Water Conse...
Chaney takes best of show honors
The annual car show sponsored by the Lynchburg Lions Club and Martinsville IOOF was held Oct. 8, at the Lynchburg Lions Club Park. Awards were present...
Bright Local teachers honored
Four Bright Elementary teachers were honored at the Sept. 21 Bright Local Schools Board Meeting for outstanding test scores on the 2015-16 AIR Tests. ...
Highland County Fair results
Following are results from the 2016 Highland County Fair:Department 12NEEDLEWORK AND CRAFTSClass 1 – BedspreadsLot 101 – Crochet – F...
The American consensus: Lives matter
When it comes to issues dealing with abortion, most Americans group themselves into one of two opposite camps: pro-life or pro-choice. But according t...
Trump should thank Bill Clinton
If he hasn’t already done so, Donald Trump should place a call to Bill Clinton and say, “Thank you.” Trump should also send thank yo...
Did it shrink or did I grow?
It’s intriguing how perceptions changes as we age. When I was in the sixth grade a teacher asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up. My res...
It’s time to stop clowning around
I mean, you probably already already know this by now, though … I mean, you have been watching the presidential and vice presidential debates, r...
The basement blogger’s day is here
After the first presidential debate, Donald Trump relentlessly touted - as he did throughout the Republican primaries - his status as the winner of vi...
Flipping through the pages of time
Many years ago when I was a sports editor for this paper I found myself with a little extra time during the summer months. We were a two-day-a-week pa...