Veteran gravestones get facelift
Portman rallies Highland County Republicans
10th annual GHS History Day
Barrera announces $25,725 traffic safety grant
2nd Update: Lambert indicted by federal grand jury
- Access for handicapped - 9:06 pm
- K9 D’Jango demonstrates abilities - 1:51 pm
- Committees tackle design review, visitors bureau, Colony - 11:26 am updated: 1:23 pm.
- Veteran gravestones get facelift - 7:03 pm
- Faust wins $2,000 top prize during Habitat fundraiser - 5:43 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 3:36 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 3:35 pm
- Highland County Sheriff’s Office reports - 1:41 pm
- Portman rallies Highland County Republicans - 3:45 pm updated: 3:47 pm.
- 10th annual GHS History Day - 6:43 pm updated: 6:44 pm.
- State releases redacted Pike County autopsies - 6:16 pm
- One transported from accident scene - 4:56 pm
- Barrera announces $25,725 traffic safety grant - 4:20 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 4:09 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 4:02 pm
- Wreck tangles vehicles - 1:50 pm updated: 6:01 pm.
- 2nd Update: Lambert indicted by federal grand jury - 12:46 pm updated: 2:40 pm.
- School board has 30 days to appoint new member - 9:48 pm
- Deceased POW to get HHS diploma - 8:14 pm
- Conservation Farm Family - 4:59 pm updated: 6:41 pm.
- Back in the saddle - 8:57 pm updated: 9:09 pm.
- Greenfield annexation on hold - 4:43 pm
- Early voting starts here Oct. 12; no ‘golden week’ - 4:20 pm
- Teen sentenced for bomb threat - 4:02 pm updated: 5:30 pm.
- Drug plan approved - 8:27 pm
- Kids ‘invisible victims’ of opioid crisis in Highland County, elsewhere - 4:49 pm
- More transparency with online checkbooks - 3:39 pm
- A surprise painting - 8:35 pm
- Motown coming uptown - 7:51 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 5:46 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 5:42 pm
- HDH taking cautious look at new pain management program - 5:10 pm updated: 7:22 pm.
- Highland County Sheriff’s Office reports - 2:51 pm
- Historical society looking to expand hall of fame - 9:04 pm
- OCC concert Sunday at Prospect UMC - 4:17 pm
- Hillsboro man gets 8 years for vehicular assault - 3:56 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 3:15 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 3:13 pm
- Quack for Habitat: Duck race, 5K fun run/walk Sept. 24 - 3:07 pm
- Paint Creek, with grant, acquires new tender truck - 12:00 pm updated: 12:58 pm.
- State report card grades bring complaints - 6:14 pm
- Burwinkel Bright Futures Award winner - 1:50 pm
- Drug problem’s link to foster kids outlined - 1:43 pm
- Sam Barnhouse remembered as jovial, kindhearted - 9:37 am updated: 9:41 am.
- Mayor proclaims ‘Constitution Week’ - 4:18 pm
- Lambert case still being investigated - 3:52 pm
- FGBMFI dinner, meeting - 2:22 pm
- Salt magazine available today - 11:00 am
- Proposed ADAMH levy will fight opiate epidemic, officials say - 10:50 am
- New ideas for 6th G3 Oktoberfest - 7:16 pm
State releases redacted Pike County autopsies
COLUMBUS — The attorney general’s office on Friday released heavily redacted copies of the final autopsy reports in the unsolved slayings ...
One transported from accident scene
One person was transported from the scene of this accident around 2 p.m. Friday near the junction of SR 124 and U.S. 50 on the east side of Hillsboro....
Barrera announces $25,725 traffic safety grant
Sheriff Donnie Barrera announced Friday that the Ohio Department of Public Safety’s (ODPS) Ohio Traffic Safety Office (OTSO) has recently awarde...
Greenfield Police Department reports
The Greenfield Police Department has released the following information:Sept. 19ARRESTS/CITATIONSDustin Pinkerton, 33, Washington C.H., was arrested f...
Hillsboro Police Department reports
The Hillsboro Police Department has released the following information:Sept. 21INCIDENTAt 11:53 p.m., the policed department responded to the 800 bloc...
AP week three Ohio high school football poll
How a state panel of sports writers and broadcasters rates Ohio high school football teams in the second weekly Associated Press poll of 2016, by OHSA...
LC sweeps HHS in soccer
The Hillsboro boys and girls soccer team hosted Lynchburg-Clay high school on Monday evening for a cross-county match up. At the end of the night, Lyn...
Massie blows away Tigers 56-0
The McClain Tiger football team (1-4, 2-0) hosted South Central Ohio League powerhouse Clinton-Massie (4-1, 2-0) onto their field Friday night and the...
HHS comes up short to ‘Cane
The Hillsboro took very little time getting on the scoreboard first on Friday night against the Wilmington Hurricane, as they threw a 65 yard touchdow...
FHS Lions cross country top five in state
The Fairfield High School cross country team, who has already had a stellar season this fall, added another accolade this week by making it into the t...
Ohio Valley Classic Analysis: Chaminade Julienne vs Fern Creek
The Times-Gazette continues its Ohio Valley Hoops Classic matchup articles. This week: Chaminade Julienne vs Fern Creek.Dayton Chaminade Julienne will...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Trio of McClain exchange students introduced
McClain High School is hosting three exchange students for the 2016-17 school year – two juniors and one sophomore. The juniors are Jamie Dische...
McClain soil judging teams take two firsts
The Greenfield FFA soils team competed in the Highland County Soils Competition on Tuesday with both the urban soils and rural soils teams placing fir...
Farm tour deemed great success
The third annual Highland County Farm Tour took place on Sept. 17. It was the product of the joint effort between Highland County Farm Bureau and the ...
Columbus Radiology donates to HDH
Columbus Radiology, represented in this photo by Jonathan Lampkin, M.D., recently donated $10,000 toward the Highland District Hospital GreatER Care C...
Christmas organ tour coming to Greenfield
Each of Greenfield’s three historic pipe organs will be showcased in an inaugural Christmas special scheduled for Sunday, Dec. 11.The Lyon and H...
Hillary’s health, Trump’s racism
For daring to ask Hillary Clinton several questions and follow-up questions about her disregard for national security in regard to her use of private ...
Old sports writer rides again
For the first time in a long time I covered a high school football game last week. It was not how I intended to spend my Friday evening when I woke up...
The old man and the baby
The old man sat down in the overstuffed chair while the rest of the family gathered in the kitchen and the other rooms in the large house, chatting, l...
The history of school dress code
Much like parents around the county, I shipped my kid off to school last week.Unlike many other parents around the county, I didn’t post the cla...
Colony plan good compromise
The latest plan in regard to the Colony Theatre seems like a good middle ground between trying to salvage the landmark and demolishing it completely.M...
Different, but really the same
Can it really be that time of year? That was the question I asked myself last Friday as I stepped out the back office door and heard the familiar soun...