3,600 ballots so far in Highland County
Likely abduction averted
Council says no to FOP
Flurry of filings in Hastings case this week
- Some Greenfield buses sidelined after inspection - 6:09 pm
- Student confesses to Greenfield bomb threat - 6:01 pm updated: 6:17 pm.
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 4:19 pm
- Highland County Sheriff’s Office reports - 12:05 pm
- Take Note - 10:27 am updated: 2:33 pm.
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 10:26 am
- Colony keepsakes - 6:48 pm
- Hillsboro man set for prison on other violations - 5:32 pm updated: 5:43 pm.
- 3,600 ballots so far in Highland County - 4:51 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 1:10 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 10:42 am
- Take Note - 10:34 am updated: 11:33 am.
- Likely abduction averted - 8:31 pm updated: 10:44 pm.
- No arrests, many questions 6 months after 8 killed - 6:21 pm
- Council says no to FOP - 6:09 pm updated: 11:54 pm.
- Suit against Greenfield dismissed - 4:33 pm
- SATH Radio-a-thon is Oct. 24 - 2:06 pm
- Take Note - 10:21 am
- Horst responds to spending criticism - 7:08 pm
- Flurry of filings in Hastings case this week - 6:59 pm updated: 8:06 pm.
- Magic coming to Highland House - 5:38 pm updated: 7:04 pm.
- Candidates at a glance - 5:37 pm updated: 5:48 pm.
- Treatment for teen after bomb threat - 5:19 pm
- Candidates for commissioner tackle issues - 5:07 pm updated: 5:15 pm.
- 5K to benefit memorial scholarship - 4:48 pm
Hillsboro Police Department reports
The Hillsboro Police Department has released the following information:Oct 16ARRESTS/CITATIONSDon Lee Drennen, 36, of HIllsboro, was arrested on a ben...
Greenfield Police Department reports
The Greenfield Police Department has released the following information:Oct. 18, 2016ARRESTS/CITATIONS:Mark Parr, 47, Greenfield, was arrested for vio...
Stroop Memorial RideThe inaugural Butch “Odie” Stroop Memorial Ride will be held Saturday, Oct. 22 starting at Hillsboro VFW Post 9094, 10...
Likely abduction averted
A school bus driver and others who may have saved two children from being abducted last month were recognized during Wednesday night’s meeting o...
No arrests, many questions 6 months after 8 killed
PIKETON — Six months after someone shot eight members of an extended family to death in their homes, surviving relatives are still waiting ̵...
Six weeks can change a lot in college football
Do you remember The Associated Press college football Preseason Top 25?Neither did I, so I had to look it up to see who it got right, who it got wrong...
McClain vs. Upper Arlington
Editor’s note – This is a part of a continuing series of previews for the third annual Ohio Valley Hoops Classic Basketball Tournament tha...
SCOL fall sports standings
The South Central Ohio League has completed the regular season in eight of its nine fall sports. Listed below are the final standings in those sports:...
OHSAA Football Computer Rankings
The Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA) Football Computer Ratings as of Oct. 18 are listed below. The top eight schools from each region in ...
Thank you Highland County: it’s been a blast
My mother made me get this job….kinda.Three years ago in August, I was eight months removed from college graduation still looking to start a car...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month
October is nationally recognized as Breast Cancer Awareness Month, which is an annual campaign to raise awareness of the disease. In the United States...
Eagles donate to sheriff’s office
The Hillsboro Eagles Club presented a check on Friday to the Highland County Sheriff’s office in the amount of $1,025. The money will purchase a...
Sip and Paint at Bell Gardens
Bell Gardens Place hosted a Sip and Paint event on Thursday. Those that attended sampled different wines and food prepared by Bell Gardens Executive C...
Highland County Fair results
Following are results from the 2016 Highland County Fair. More results will be published in upcoming editions of The Times-Gazette.Department 18 ̵...
Local author signing books at Hillsboro library
A local author will be signing copies of her first book at the Hillsboro library next week.Hillsboro resident Gretchen Huffman’s book “On ...
Sad loss; Trump; monsters; aliases
This and that this week…Rest in peace, Mr. CreightonVernon Creighton lost his life last week in a farm accident in Brown County. Mr. Creighton w...
The American consensus: Lives matter
When it comes to issues dealing with abortion, most Americans group themselves into one of two opposite camps: pro-life or pro-choice. But according t...
Trump should thank Bill Clinton
If he hasn’t already done so, Donald Trump should place a call to Bill Clinton and say, “Thank you.” Trump should also send thank yo...
Did it shrink or did I grow?
It’s intriguing how perceptions changes as we age. When I was in the sixth grade a teacher asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up. My res...
It’s time to stop clowning around
I mean, you probably already already know this by now, though … I mean, you have been watching the presidential and vice presidential debates, r...
The basement blogger’s day is here
After the first presidential debate, Donald Trump relentlessly touted - as he did throughout the Republican primaries - his status as the winner of vi...