Coss, Collins, Wilkin question sentencing plan
Hillsboro schools taking summer feeding program on the road
‘Future of HHS athletics’
High speed chase ends with 2 arrests
VIDEO: Sheriff gets keys to cruiser, substation to tackle Rocky Fork Lake crime
- SATH’s 18th Charity Auction set for March 4 - 7:31 pm
- Society gathering info on recently-hired humane officer - 6:35 pm
- Coss, Collins, Wilkin question sentencing plan - 6:31 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 1:43 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 1:42 pm
- Hillsboro schools taking summer feeding program on the road - 9:17 pm
- ‘Future of HHS athletics’ - 7:45 pm
- High speed chase ends with 2 arrests - 5:26 pm
- Transloading facility in Greenfield not happening now - 3:50 pm
- VIDEO: Sheriff gets keys to cruiser, substation to tackle Rocky Fork Lake crime - 1:20 pm updated: 3:07 pm.
- Involuntarily manslaughter trial dismissed on technicality, will be re-indicted - 1:07 pm
- Record at FFA auction? - 6:18 pm
- Leesburg business park certified - 5:30 pm
- Barrera: Nearly 2,200 inmates booked in Highland County in 2016 - 4:10 pm
- Ag Is Everyone’s Business returns - 8:14 pm
- PAS anticipates 20 new jobs - 7:37 pm
- Rocky Fork project could help make lake ‘economic engine for Highland County’ - 6:38 pm updated: 6:51 pm.
- Mayor, FRS at odds over new Hillsboro-Rocky Fork Lake shuttle route - 4:33 pm updated: 11:11 am.
- Former local man wanted to kill wife - 7:16 pm
- Neighbors in Washington Court House say they’re ‘prisoners in our own home’ - 5:07 pm updated: 5:46 pm.
- Seitz guest speaker at Highland County Lincoln Day Feb. 23 - 3:58 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 2:33 pm
- Highland County Sheriff’s Office reports - 1:14 pm
- Humane society officer cited for horses at large - 8:51 pm updated: 9:03 pm.
- ‘Hope for Healing’ Saturday evening at SSCC in Hillsboro - 5:19 pm
Involuntarily manslaughter trial dismissed on technicality, will be re-indicted
A precedent-setting involuntary manslaughter trial set for Thursday morning was dismissed without prejudice after a technical error was found in the i...
Record at FFA auction?
While final figures are not yet available, the Hillsboro FFA Alumni Auction held last Saturday at United Producers Stockyards may end up providing mor...
Leesburg business park certified
The Leesburg Industrial Park recently received site certification from the state, making it more attractive to businesses looking for a place to inves...
Barrera: Nearly 2,200 inmates booked in Highland County in 2016
Nearly 2,200 inmates were booked into the jail at the Highland County Justice Center in 2016, with an average daily population of 73 inmates, accordin...
Ag Is Everyone’s Business returns
For the fifth consecutive year the Highland County Chamber of Commerce is bringing back its Ag Is Everyone’s Business event and this year’...
Our View: A tougher attack on those who peddle poison
Highland County Prosecutor Anneka Collins’ decision to pursue involuntary manslaughter charges under some circumstances against people suspected...
Visits to Mt. Zion and elsewhere
I was in my office the other evening when my buddy Don Kelley stopped by to chat for a couple minutes. Don’s a member of a couple of tractor clu...
Our View: Approval of Rocky Fork Lake plan good news for the future
It was good news that the budget and implementation plan for the Rocky Fork Lake Area Safety and Advancement Project (RFL-ASAP) project has been appro...
Drew: To be or not to be mayor?
At various times last year there were people suggesting that Drew Hastings should step down as mayor when he was under investigation for a variety of ...
Don’t ask me to clean up the mess
I must have been feeling a little rebellious, and if you were to ask my parents they’d probably tell you that was my general state of mind durin...
Wenstrup: Compassion, security, national identity
I’ll never forget two Iraqi citizens who I served alongside in Iraq.As I was serving as a combat surgeon, they were both working on behalf of th...
Cross-County Bushido at it again
Led by blackbelt Carly Bingaman, members of the Cross-County Bushido Karate Club traveled to compete in The Way Karate Tournament.Bingaman was the bla...
Learning how to fly
Austin Goolsby and Jeremy Hayton, two Hillsboro High School track athletes, have been breaking personal and school records this winter.On Jan. 28, Jer...
McClain thwarts Lynchburg-Clay
The McClain Tigers came back from behind in the first quarter, snagged the lead and put up a defensive wall that kept the visiting Lynchburg-Clay Must...
Swimming toward district appearance
Hillsboro senior Jonah Humphries hits the pool Tuesday in preparation for a district meet appearance. The Hillsboro High School boys 200-meter relay t...
Weekend basketball recap
After clinching the league title Friday night with a close win against the Fayetteville Rockets, the Lynchburg-Clay Mustangs lost to the Waverly Lions...
Tournament over for Lady Indians
The Hillsboro Lady Indians wrapped up a brief tournament run Monday night at Adena High School against the Logan Elm Lady Braves in a sectional quarte...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Grover, Mahan move on in speaking
Four members of the Hillsboro FFA Chapter went to Leesburg for the sub-district public speaking contest on Feb. 7. Grant Crum participated in the exte...
Saint Mary raises Pennies for Pets
Saint Mary Catholic School celebrated Catholic Schools Week from January 29-February 4. The students engaged in activities that focused on the value o...
Leesburg man facing heroin charges
A man with a Leesburg address is among multiple defendants allegedly involved in a heroin trafficking network in Fayette County, some with Dayton conn...
Pet of the Week
This is Carma, the Highland County Humane Society Pet of the Week. She is a 2-year-old mixed breed. When the Humane Society Animal Shelter first recei...
FFA helps at annual Hillsboro FFA Alumni Auction
Hillsboro FFA members are pictured helping last Saturday at the annual Hillsboro FFA Alumni Auction held at United Producers Inc. in Hillsboro where t...