Locals heading to Trump rally on Thursday
Trump to visit Wilmington Thursday
First Friday returns
Highland County Farm Tour
Scarecrow in the maze
- Log Cabin Cookout set for Sept. 24 - 7:39 pm
- Locals heading to Trump rally on Thursday - 4:51 pm
- Highland County Sheriff’s Office reports - 12:48 pm
- Trump to visit Wilmington Thursday - 8:48 pm
- First Friday returns - 7:21 pm
- Highland County Farm Tour - 6:51 pm updated: 8:25 pm.
- Gas prices rise in Ohio, average lower here - 4:56 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 2:11 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 1:21 pm
- Take Back Our County fighting drug abuse - 7:32 pm
- Scarecrow in the maze - 5:35 pm
- Man pleads guilty to theft charge - 4:12 pm
- Greenfield pair indicted for alleged robbery - 2:17 pm updated: 4:47 pm.
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 2:00 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 1:58 pm
- FFL pageant applications due Sept. 16 - 8:03 pm
- Large, ancient logs - 7:01 pm
- Realtors hold annual RPAC luncheon - 6:06 pm updated: 6:17 pm.
- ‘Have respect during SCOL’s final season’ - 6:00 pm updated: 10:20 pm.
- Colony facade could get facelift; dog park moves along - 4:29 pm updated: 4:33 pm.
- Drug problem grows here, there and everywhere - 5:23 pm updated: 5:44 pm.
- In wake of MCO change, county agencies revising budgets - 11:15 am updated: 7:53 am.
- Liberty Lions Club forming in Hillsboro area - 8:22 pm
- County fair has rich history - 5:47 pm updated: 5:58 pm.
- Local parties gearing up for fall election - 3:52 pm
- Highland County Sheriff’s Office reports - 1:55 pm
- ‘Stewart’ lights up center - 7:44 pm updated: 10:40 pm.
- Despite recent break, hot days aren’t over yet - 7:00 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 3:38 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 3:36 pm
- Highland County travel report - 2:35 pm
- Destiny Bryson new visitors bureau director - 11:18 am
- Hillsboro Under the Radar concert canceled - 4:10 pm
- Cutie Pie, Cutie Pet contests back at fair - 8:01 pm
- Hillsboro man gets 9 years - 7:27 pm
- She’d do it all again - 7:16 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 3:21 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 2:05 pm
- Mosquitoes: A nip in the air - 1:48 pm updated: 2:05 pm.
- Board hires treasurer - 7:31 pm
- Higher yields, but lower corn prices predicted - 5:09 pm updated: 5:23 pm.
- 2nd Update: Lambert waives prelim; case to grand jury - 11:20 am updated: 2:31 pm.
- Bradford resigns from FOB - 6:38 pm
- Highland County women’s achievements honored - 4:47 pm
- Flooding washes out road section - 2:50 pm updated: 4:41 pm.
- Sheriff: More officers on duty Labor Day weekend - 1:51 pm
- Homemade bomb found, dismantled during pot bust - 11:58 am
- County to take hit after MCO change - 10:55 am updated: 5:25 pm.
- Concert in Hillsboro uptown area - 7:41 pm updated: 11:23 am.
- Pioneer photographer - 6:00 pm
Take Back Our County fighting drug abuse
A group of local residents fed up with the drug issues plaguing Highland County are fighting back and they have their first two events coming up Aug. ...
Man pleads guilty to theft charge
A Chillicothe man was placed on community control for the next three years following a plea of guilty in Highland County Common Pleas Court this week....
Greenfield pair indicted for alleged robbery
Two Greenfield residents were indicted after an alleged robbery at Kroger on Clinton Avenue in Washington C.H.Jessica R. Brust, 34, and Brian L. Dunca...
Greenfield Police Department reports
The Greenfield Police Department has released the following information:Aug. 22ARRESTS/CITATIONSWheyette Copas, 18, Greenfield, was arrested for contr...
Hillsboro Police Department reports
The Hillsboro Police Department has released the following information:Aug. 22ACCIDENTSThe police department investigated an accident on North West St...
Lady Tigers win Spike and Dig
The McClain Lady Tigers volleyball team took the Spike and Dig trophy away from Hillsboro on Saturday as they defeated the reining champs two sets to ...
FHS, MHS soccer spilt
It was an inter-county match up on Monday night as Fairfield High School boys and girls soccer teams hosted the McClain Tigers and Lady Tigers. The bo...
Indians host scrimmage, fish fry
The Hillsboro High School football team hosted Paint Valley on Friday night on their annual Fish Fry Friday held the scrimmage Friday before the seaso...
Jackson heading to Air Force
Former McClain High School graduate Dante Jackson has joined the men’s basketball coaching staff at Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Coloa...
Lady Indians host Circleville in scrimmage
The Hillsboro Lady Indians soccer team faced off against their first outside competition on Thursday evening as they hosted Circleville for their firs...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
ROW fishing event is Sept. 15
The Soil and Water Conservation Districts of Highland, Brown and Adams counties will present the fourth event in the Tri-County Real Outdoor Women ser...
Free clinic gives $10,000 to hospice
The Clinton County Free Clinic Board decided to dissolve the clinic at the end of 2015 and designated remaining funds to support other not-for-profit ...
Annual Mick reunion held at Pike Lake
The annual Mick reunion was held Aug. 21 at Pike Lake State Park. The weather was great and there was a good crowd. It is suspected that there were so...
NCB donates to GreatER Care Campaign
Highland District Hospital Foundation Director Cathy Jones accepts a pledge from NCB for $5,000 toward the GreatER Care Campaign that is being spearhe...
Local business helps Soles for Students
Shoe Sensation, located in the Highland Plaza at 1472 N. High St. in Hillsboro, has partnered with Soles for Students to help put shoes on students...
Every life a mix of good, bad
The only thing we know about people – both people we know from a distance as well as our closest friends - is what we know about them. What we d...
Long live the Olympic spirit
The last two weeks have been like a breath of fresh air. Why, you ask? Because of the Games of the XXXI Olympiad.I’m not sure when it started, b...
Blue Highways along Great Lakes
Long before Roger Easton invented the Global Positioning System, or GPS, Rand McNally sold his Road Atlas to millions. The red lines on the maps meant...
Drew, Bob & guilt by association
According to some people, it’s very important that you know that Drew Hastings and Bob Lambert are friends, because to know that is to help you ...
Seniors and financial exploitation
Elder financial exploitation is a crime that has been called the “Crime of the 21st Century.” The Area Agency on Aging District 7 (AAA7) a...
Singing in the Big Apple
Walt Disney once said, “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” With all due respect to Walt, he was wrong.O...