Lyons new board member
Fatal pedestrian accident on SR 247
Greenfield woman killed in crash
No action at special meeting
Involuntary manslaughter among charges
- Lyons new board member - 9:00 pm
- Fatal pedestrian accident on SR 247 - 7:45 pm
- Greenfield woman killed in crash - 6:37 pm
- Greenfield in running for Hope Over Heroin - 5:31 pm
- Sheriff: Man with knife entered home - 5:09 pm
- Cruiser hit, suspects flee - 4:56 pm
- Boil advisory for Chillicothe Ave. in Hillsboro - 3:23 pm
- Community Calendar - 11:36 am
- Take Note - 11:35 am updated: 1:13 pm.
- No action at special meeting - 8:21 pm
- Meth lands man in prison - 7:20 pm
- Justice Center fiber optics upgrade approved - 7:08 pm
- Peace Lutheran kicking off Reformation celebration - 1:32 pm
- Take Note - 9:26 am updated: 11:16 am.
- Community Calendar - 9:25 am
- Coffey plans to retire after four decades - 6:34 pm
- Involuntary manslaughter among charges - 4:37 pm updated: 5:01 pm.
- Hastings says finances strong, uptown area important - 2:02 pm updated: 2:07 pm.
- Boil advisory lifted - 12:01 pm
- Take Note - 10:12 am updated: 1:12 pm.
- Community Calendar - 10:10 am
- Hillsboro biker reportedly headed to bench trial - 7:02 pm
- Bomb threats close MT, WCH schools - 6:18 pm
- Mayor opposes pay for fired SSD - 4:17 pm updated: 2:04 pm.
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 12:36 pm
No action at special meeting
A special session of Hillsboro City Council requested by mayor Drew Hastings resulted in no action being taken Wednesday evening after a lengthy execu...
Meth lands man in prison
A Lynchburg man was sentenced to prison on Wednesday after admitting to methamphetamine possession.Prior to sentencing, Highland County Common Pleas C...
Justice Center fiber optics upgrade approved
A contract was approved by the Highland County Board of Commissioners on Wednesday for an upgrade in telecommunications lines at the Justice Center, w...
Peace Lutheran kicking off Reformation celebration
The Peace Lutheran Church is planning a yearlong celebration of the 500th anniversary of the Protestant Reformation. The members want to extend an ope...
Harriett ChurchThe Harriett Church, 3895 Harriett Rd., Hillsboro, has Sunday school at 9:30 a.m., a Sunday morning service at 10:30 a.m., a Sunday eve...
THURSDAY, JAN. 19Shiloh Addictions Recovery, 6:30 p.m., Carpenter’s House of Prayer, 7450 Fairground Rd., Hillsboro.Highland County House of Pra...
Tuesday win for Mustangs
Although both the Fayetteville Rockets and Lynchburg-Clay Mustangs are members of the Southern Hills Athletic Conference, they participate in differen...
Hillsboro boys fall to Adena 56-51
The Indians had managed the keep the lead for most of the game, and were looking for a win in the fourth quarter — but an unexpected 28-point ga...
Mustangs dominate in weekend play
The Lynchburg-Clay Mustangs scored two conference wins over the weekend, defeating the West Union Dragons on Friday and the Fairfield Lions on Saturda...
Weekend basketball recap
Shope hits 1,000 pointsFairfield’s Grace Shope scored her 1,000th point over the weekend during a road game at Manchester High School. The Fairf...
McClain wrestling places five at Big Dawg
Despite the threat of inclement weather Saturday, the McClain Tigers hit the road to square off in the Tri-Valley Big Dawg meet in Dresden, according ...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Pet of the Week
This is Ginger, the Highland County Humane Society Pet of the Week. Ginger is a 2-year-old mixed breed dog. She is a very playful, loves everyone and ...
Salt magazine available today
The next issue of Salt magazine, provided free to home-delivery subscribers, is available in today’s edition of The Times-Gazette.In this issue,...
Handmade dolls on display at Hillsboro library
Handmade dolls that were crafted and designed by a local artist are currently on display at the Hillsboro library.The late Jan Marie Donie created her...
Kulkarni helps HDH campaign
Vinayak S. Kulkarni, M.D., gastroenterologist specialist at Highland District Hospital, recently contributed to the HDH Foundation GreatER Care Campai...
Jones to speak at Hillsboro Aglow Lighthouse
The public is invited to attend the Hillsboro Aglow International Lighthouse on Monday, Jan. 23 for a light supper, worship, inspirational speaker and...
Their View: Public officials should resist social media attacks
At a time when citizen involvement is critical to our governmental operation at all levels, the recent events involving a member of the Parks and Recr...
When Facebook takes control
My personal Facebook page barely exists. I do virtually nothing on it. However, that doesn’t stop Facebook from sending messages about me. Such ...
A salute to the OHSAA
On occasion over the years I have both applauded and criticized the Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA). This week it gets a big pat on the ...
Our View: Elections are time for affirmation or for change
In Highland County, the only partisan races on the ballot this year are for Hillsboro City Council, council president and city treasurer, and Republic...
Our View: Smart for commission to reappoint Wilkin as president
Shane Wilkin was reappointed as president of the Highland County Board of Commissioners this week, a good move by his fellow commissioners, Jeff Dunca...
Medicare Prescription Drug Plan discount
Do you know if you are eligible for the Medicare Prescription Drug Plan Discount?There are many individuals in our district who are unaware they are e...