Updated: So close you can ‘Taste’ it
McAdams set for diversion plan
Penney’s Carnival of Souls
Southern Hills Bank, Ripley Federal seal merger
Updated: HDH board OKs new pain management program
- Hillsboro man gets 27 months - 7:39 pm
- Addiction recovery program started at local church - 7:26 pm
- Updated: So close you can ‘Taste’ it - 6:19 pm updated: 10:34 am.
- McAdams set for diversion plan - 4:05 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 3:26 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 3:24 pm
- Penney’s Carnival of Souls - 8:36 pm updated: 9:31 pm.
- Southern Hills Bank, Ripley Federal seal merger - 5:10 pm
- Updated: HDH board OKs new pain management program - 2:54 pm updated: 3:32 pm.
- Another bomb threat found at Hillsboro M.S. - 8:40 pm
- Putting ‘Hillsborough’ on the map - 6:28 pm
- More jobs likely at Candle-lite - 5:53 pm
- Access for handicapped - 9:06 pm
- K9 D’Jango demonstrates abilities - 1:51 pm
- Committees tackle design review, visitors bureau, Colony - 11:26 am updated: 1:23 pm.
- Veteran gravestones get facelift - 7:03 pm
- Faust wins $2,000 top prize during Habitat fundraiser - 5:43 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 3:36 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 3:35 pm
- Highland County Sheriff’s Office reports - 1:41 pm
- Portman rallies Highland County Republicans - 3:45 pm updated: 3:47 pm.
- 10th annual GHS History Day - 6:43 pm updated: 6:44 pm.
- State releases redacted Pike County autopsies - 6:16 pm
- One transported from accident scene - 4:56 pm
- Barrera announces $25,725 traffic safety grant - 4:20 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 4:09 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 4:02 pm
- Wreck tangles vehicles - 1:50 pm updated: 6:01 pm.
- 2nd Update: Lambert indicted by federal grand jury - 12:46 pm updated: 2:40 pm.
- School board has 30 days to appoint new member - 9:48 pm
- Deceased POW to get HHS diploma - 8:14 pm
- Conservation Farm Family - 4:59 pm updated: 6:41 pm.
- Back in the saddle - 8:57 pm updated: 9:09 pm.
- Greenfield annexation on hold - 4:43 pm
- Early voting starts here Oct. 12; no ‘golden week’ - 4:20 pm
- Teen sentenced for bomb threat - 4:02 pm updated: 5:30 pm.
- Drug plan approved - 8:27 pm
- Kids ‘invisible victims’ of opioid crisis in Highland County, elsewhere - 4:49 pm
- More transparency with online checkbooks - 3:39 pm
- A surprise painting - 8:35 pm
- Motown coming uptown - 7:51 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 5:46 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 5:42 pm
- HDH taking cautious look at new pain management program - 5:10 pm updated: 7:22 pm.
- Highland County Sheriff’s Office reports - 2:51 pm
- Historical society looking to expand hall of fame - 9:04 pm
- OCC concert Sunday at Prospect UMC - 4:17 pm
- Hillsboro man gets 8 years for vehicular assault - 3:56 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 3:15 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 3:13 pm
Putting ‘Hillsborough’ on the map
Editor’s note: For many years, local historian Jean Wallis provided a feature to The Times-Gazette called “Highland Guideposts.” She...
More jobs likely at Candle-lite
The Highland County Commissioners discussed ongoing business expansion and retention surveys on Wednesday, surveys which indicate that multiple jobs a...
Access for handicapped
Construction started Monday on a pair of projects that will see improvements made to both the Highland County Administration Building and Highland Cou...
K9 D’Jango demonstrates abilities
Highland County Sheriff Donnie Barrera on Tuesday brought deputies and the department’s police dog, D’Jango, to the Hillsboro Rotary Club ...
Committees tackle design review, visitors bureau, Colony
Three Hillsboro City Council committee meetings Monday night resulted in recommendations to proceed with a plan to remodel the front of the Colony The...
Ohio Valley Classic Analysis: Whiteoak vs. Gamble Montessori
Whiteoak basketball was at its peak from 2001 to 2003 as the Wildcats played in three straight regional finals. The team reached its zenith when Coach...
LC jumps three spots in poll
The Lynchburg-Clay Mustangs continue to have a stellar 2016 season and have jumped up three spots in the latest Ohio Scholastic Soccer Coaches Associa...
MHS battles back; wins 3-2
The McClain Lady Tigers volleyball team traveled to Lynchburg-Clay high school on Wednesday night for a non-conference matchup and won in five sets wi...
Lady ‘Cats fall to West Union
The Whiteoak Lady ‘Cats volleyball team hosted Southern Hills Athletic Conference opponent West Union on Tuesday night and fell in four sets wit...
OHSAA week two football computer rankings
The Ohio High School Athletic Association released its second high school football computer rankings Tuesday afternoon. The weekly computer ratings ar...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
H.S. students saved $2.1M on SSCC tuition
More than 52,000 Ohio high school students took college classes during the 2015-16 academic year, earning college credit while meeting their high scho...
Sims donates to McClain FFA
The Zoetics Program had another great year and its veterinary, animal health reseller and distributor customers selected the McClain FFA Chapter for a...
Check It Out
October is the start of our busy holiday season here at the Leesburg Library.We hope our young readers through fourth grade will sign up for our Get F...
Fairfield visits Farm Science Review
Fairfield High School students, from left, Payton Harvey, Ally Davis and Bri Flint, are standing in front of the Pioneer Seed trailer displayed at the...
Greenfield receives school supplies
The Greenfield Elementary School would like to thank the Walmart Distribution Center for collecting school supplies for the Greenfield Exempted Villag...
Council, the mayor, and loops
When Mayor Drew Hastings last Monday submitted the names of Design Review Board members for Hillsboro City Council’s approval, council approved ...
There was a twinkle in his eyes
What do you write when you feel like you have something you want to say, something you feel needs to be said, but the appropriate words seem elusive? ...
Hillary’s health, Trump’s racism
For daring to ask Hillary Clinton several questions and follow-up questions about her disregard for national security in regard to her use of private ...
Old sports writer rides again
For the first time in a long time I covered a high school football game last week. It was not how I intended to spend my Friday evening when I woke up...
The old man and the baby
The old man sat down in the overstuffed chair while the rest of the family gathered in the kitchen and the other rooms in the large house, chatting, l...
The history of school dress code
Much like parents around the county, I shipped my kid off to school last week.Unlike many other parents around the county, I didn’t post the cla...