Minister’s motions denied
Resolution to form land bank passed
Filing offers first glimpse of Hastings defense
A soldier comes homes
A Historic Organ Walk
- Minister’s motions denied - 6:36 pm
- Diversion program for former JFS staffer - 6:18 pm
- Resolution to form land bank passed - 6:08 pm
- Filing offers first glimpse of Hastings defense - 3:09 pm
- Barnett speaker at FGBMFI meeting - 2:48 pm
- A soldier comes homes - 8:15 pm updated: 8:51 am.
- A Historic Organ Walk - 8:01 pm
- Lambert trial date set for Dec. 12 in fed court - 4:41 pm updated: 4:43 pm.
- Leesburg woman sentenced for stealing hospital drugs - 3:41 pm updated: 3:41 pm.
- District governor visits Hillsboro Rotary - 2:13 pm updated: 4:41 pm.
- Supreme Court hopeful visits Hillsboro - 1:51 pm updated: 4:36 pm.
- Take Note - 12:11 pm updated: 4:22 pm.
- Haunted trick or treat - 8:22 pm
- Some Greenfield buses sidelined after inspection - 6:09 pm
- Student confesses to Greenfield bomb threat - 6:01 pm updated: 6:17 pm.
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 4:19 pm
- Highland County Sheriff’s Office reports - 12:05 pm
- Take Note - 10:27 am updated: 2:33 pm.
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 10:26 am
- Colony keepsakes - 6:48 pm
- Hillsboro man set for prison on other violations - 5:32 pm updated: 5:43 pm.
- 3,600 ballots so far in Highland County - 4:51 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 1:10 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 10:42 am
- Take Note - 10:34 am updated: 11:33 am.
District governor visits Hillsboro Rotary
Mike Kelly, district governor of Rotary District 6670, which includes Hillsboro, spoke at the Hillsboro Rotary Club on Tuesday, sharing lessons on ser...
Supreme Court hopeful visits Hillsboro
Pat DeWine, a First District Court of Appeals judge who is seeking a seat on the Ohio Supreme Court, visited the Hillsboro Rotary Club on Tuesday with...
Elmville CCCU revivalEmville CCCU willhold a revival Oct. 27, 28 and 29 beginning at 7 p.m. nightly. The speaker will be Danny Campbell. Singers will ...
Haunted trick or treat
Back with new attractions and coming up this Saturday is the annual trick or treat party and haunted house at the Highland County Senior Citizen Cente...
Some Greenfield buses sidelined after inspection
Despite part of Greenfield’s school bus fleet being sidelined after a spot inspection by the Ohio State Highway Patrol last week, all the buses ...
Student confesses to Greenfield bomb threat
A second bomb threat hoax in three weeks at Greenfield Middle School was discovered in a classroom on Monday.A student confessed to leaving the threat...
McClain falls to East Clinton, 33-27
By Bill Liermann LEES CREEK — After a slow start, both teams offenses kicked it in to high gear Friday when McClain visited East Clinton for a So...
Six weeks can change a lot in college football
Do you remember The Associated Press college football Preseason Top 25?Neither did I, so I had to look it up to see who it got right, who it got wrong...
McClain vs. Upper Arlington
Editor’s note – This is a part of a continuing series of previews for the third annual Ohio Valley Hoops Classic Basketball Tournament tha...
SCOL fall sports standings
The South Central Ohio League has completed the regular season in eight of its nine fall sports. Listed below are the final standings in those sports:...
OHSAA Football Computer Rankings
The Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA) Football Computer Ratings as of Oct. 18 are listed below. The top eight schools from each region in ...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Highland County Fair results
The following are results from the 2016 Highland County Fair.Department 8 – FARM PRODUCTSClass 1 – HayLot 101 – Alfalfa – Firs...
Adena looking for new CEO
Adena Health System is beginning its search for a new president and CEO. After more than 11 years, Mark Shuter has stepped down from the position.Shut...
FFA members attend national convention
The Fairfield and Mowrystown FFA members boarded a bus to go to a trade show at the National FFA Convention. They spent about three hours in the trade...
Edgewood receives Bronze Award
John Evans, executive director of Edgewood Manor of Greenfield holds the AHCA/NCAL National Quality Bronze Award the facility recently received. Recip...
Shadowens joins HDH staff
Highland District Hospital has announced Karen Shadowens as its new vice president of finance and chief financial officer. She most recently served as...
Sad loss; Trump; monsters; aliases
This and that this week…Rest in peace, Mr. CreightonVernon Creighton lost his life last week in a farm accident in Brown County. Mr. Creighton w...
The American consensus: Lives matter
When it comes to issues dealing with abortion, most Americans group themselves into one of two opposite camps: pro-life or pro-choice. But according t...
Trump should thank Bill Clinton
If he hasn’t already done so, Donald Trump should place a call to Bill Clinton and say, “Thank you.” Trump should also send thank yo...
Did it shrink or did I grow?
It’s intriguing how perceptions changes as we age. When I was in the sixth grade a teacher asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up. My res...
It’s time to stop clowning around
I mean, you probably already already know this by now, though … I mean, you have been watching the presidential and vice presidential debates, r...
The basement blogger’s day is here
After the first presidential debate, Donald Trump relentlessly touted - as he did throughout the Republican primaries - his status as the winner of vi...