Lincoln School revisited
HDH, TriHealth partner to offer sports medicine
Workforce director says drugs affecting hiring, employee turnover in Highland County
AP honors Times-Gazette’s coverage of Hastings investigation
Sassafras Festival, fireworks returning to Rocky Fork
- Lincoln School revisited - 7:23 pm
- HDH, TriHealth partner to offer sports medicine - 6:57 pm updated: 7:25 pm.
- Workforce director says drugs affecting hiring, employee turnover in Highland County - 6:14 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 5:04 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 4:50 pm
- AP honors Times-Gazette’s coverage of Hastings investigation - 2:37 pm updated: 2:52 pm.
- Sassafras Festival, fireworks returning to Rocky Fork - 7:24 pm
- Highland County Historical Society’s Tour of Homes and Historic Buildings June 11 - 6:11 pm
- Destined to work with kids - 6:05 pm
- Firearm charge dropped against Hillsboro man - 5:25 pm updated: 5:52 pm.
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 4:24 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 4:22 pm
- Like people? Love music? This band is for you - 6:38 pm updated: 6:47 pm.
- Leesburg man sentenced for receiving stolen property - 5:56 pm
- Greenfield student demonstrates heart and soul - 5:46 pm updated: 6:43 pm.
- Jefferson St. paving delayed - 5:18 pm
- Boil alerts lifted in Hillsboro - 10:31 am
- Rhoden victim’s brother appears in court - 6:33 pm updated: 8:13 pm.
- Conrad: ‘It’s been an honor to serve the people of Highland County’ - 6:32 pm updated: 11:13 am.
- Resolution expected in Wallace manslaughter case - 4:16 pm
- Proctor trial moved to July 10 in Highland County Common Pleas Court - 3:01 pm updated: 4:10 pm.
- ‘Major sponsor’ for Rocky Fork Lake barbecue festival - 1:30 pm
- Memory of veterans set in stone - 12:05 pm updated: 1:22 pm.
- Mural work continues after winter hiatus - 12:03 pm updated: 1:23 pm.
- Commissioners proclaim Gullett Day, EMS Week - 12:02 pm
Firearm charge dropped against Hillsboro man
A Hillsboro man who allegedly fired a weapon while intoxicated last month in Hillsboro saw that charge dropped on Friday in Hillsboro Municipal Court,...
Greenfield Police Department reports
The Greenfield Police Department has released the following information:May 16ARRESTS/CITATIONSStorm Faulconer, 19, Greenfield, was issued a citation ...
Hillsboro Police Department reports
The Hillsboro Police Department has released the following information:May 17ARRESTS/CITATIONSJesse Huff, 19, of Hillsboro, was cited for driving unde...
Like people? Love music? This band is for you
An original member of the Women’s Air Force Band back in 1951, Corrine Erickson still enjoyed playing her clarinet decades later after she moved...
Leesburg man sentenced for receiving stolen property
A Leesburg man who testified against a co-defendant in a recent trial was sentenced to 11 months in prison Thursday after pleading guilty to receiving...
Greenfield student demonstrates heart and soul
Editor’s note: The following article appears in the Spring 2017 edition of the OHSAA (Ohio High School Athletic Association) magazine and is rep...
Need your help for athletic HOF
The end of the 2016-17 school year is quickly approaching and that means The Times-Gazette is accepting nominations for its 8th annual Highland County...
It’s OK if the truth is boring
In many ways, Watergate did irreparable harm to journalism.The journalistic investigation into the misdeeds of Richard Nixon undoubtedly helped bring ...
Stand up and take a bow
About two months ago I had the pleasure of covering a basketball game like none I have ever covered. Over the years, I have covered more basketball ga...
It sure was a pretty something
I saw a news item a couple of weeks ago that said, “MTV gets rid of gender-specific categories for awards.”The ABC News story quoted an MT...
‘We have to do something’
In the short amount of time I’ve been writing for this newspaper, I’ve been exposed to the drug problem in ways I never thought I would - ...
OUR VIEW: On Tuesday, vote yes for the Paint Valley levy
Highland County Sheriff Donnie Barrera said Friday that reported drug overdoses in Highland County are up a shocking 286 percent in the first quarter ...
Goofy Golf Tournament May 21The fifth annual Goofy Golf Tournament, benefitting the Sons of the American Legion, will be held Sunday, May 21st at the ...
Hillsboro travels to Marietta College for district track and field; Hart to regionals
The Hillsboro Lady Indians track and field team traveled to Marietta College to participate in the Div. I combined East and Southeast district tournam...
Fairfield Lady Lions travel to Minford for district semi-final
The Fairfield Lady Lions traveled to Minford High School on Thursday to take on the Southern Tornadoes in a Southeastern district D III softball tourn...
SHAC softball teams find success in district tournament; Fairfield, Fayetteville and Eastern Brown still standing
The Southern Hills Athletic Conference softball teams have represented the conference well.In the Southwest Division III Ripley the No. 12 seed pulled...
Fairfield, Whiteoak, and Lynchburg-Clay travel to Southeastern High School for D III track and field championships
The Fairfield Lions, Lynchburg-Clay Mustangs, and Whiteoak Wildcats track and field teams traveled to Southeastern High School in Chillicothe on Wedne...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Elmore, Mahan receive state FFA degrees
Thirty-five members of the Hillsboro FFA chapter attended state convention in Columbus May 4-5. Friday evening during the fifth session two members, L...
Poultry, Pigs & Lambs Club meets
The Highland County Poultry Pigs & Lambs 4-H Club met at the Hamer Township House on Sunday, May 21. There were 14 members present for the meeting...
Visitors Bureau highlighted at Ohio Tourism Day
Columbus — Destiny Bryson, executive director of the Highland County Visitors Bureau, and board members Tim Koehl and Phil Clyburn, joined colle...
Greenfield bus drivers place third
District bus drivers, shown here with board of education president Eric Zint (far left), were recognized by the Greenfield Exempted Village Board of E...
Pet of the Week
The Highland County Humane Society Pet of the Week is Gabby, a 1.5-year-old female mixed breed. She prances when she walks, acts very silly and is a f...
NCB assists homeless shelter
NCB recently donated $3,500 to the Highland County Homeless Shelter. The shelter has served more than 1,700 households since opening in 2004. In 2016,...