A soldier comes homes
A Historic Organ Walk
Lambert trial date set for Dec. 12 in fed court
Haunted trick or treat
- A soldier comes homes - 8:15 pm updated: 8:51 am.
- A Historic Organ Walk - 8:01 pm
- Lambert trial date set for Dec. 12 in fed court - 4:41 pm updated: 4:43 pm.
- Leesburg woman sentenced for stealing hospital drugs - 3:41 pm updated: 3:41 pm.
- District governor visits Hillsboro Rotary - 2:13 pm updated: 4:41 pm.
- Supreme Court hopeful visits Hillsboro - 1:51 pm updated: 4:36 pm.
- Take Note - 12:11 pm updated: 12:17 pm.
- Haunted trick or treat - 8:22 pm
- Some Greenfield buses sidelined after inspection - 6:09 pm
- Student confesses to Greenfield bomb threat - 6:01 pm updated: 6:17 pm.
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 4:19 pm
- Highland County Sheriff’s Office reports - 12:05 pm
- Take Note - 10:27 am updated: 2:33 pm.
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 10:26 am
- Colony keepsakes - 6:48 pm
- Hillsboro man set for prison on other violations - 5:32 pm updated: 5:43 pm.
- 3,600 ballots so far in Highland County - 4:51 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 1:10 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 10:42 am
- Take Note - 10:34 am updated: 11:33 am.
- Likely abduction averted - 8:31 pm updated: 10:44 pm.
- No arrests, many questions 6 months after 8 killed - 6:21 pm
- Council says no to FOP - 6:09 pm updated: 11:54 pm.
- Suit against Greenfield dismissed - 4:33 pm
- SATH Radio-a-thon is Oct. 24 - 2:06 pm
Student confesses to Greenfield bomb threat
A second bomb threat hoax in three weeks at Greenfield Middle School was discovered in a classroom on Monday.A student confessed to leaving the threat...
Hillsboro Police Department reports
The Hillsboro Police Department has released the following information:Oct. 20ACCIDENTAt 2:35 p.m. the police department responded to a crash at the i...
Highland County Sheriff’s Office reports
Sheriff Donnie Barrera reports for the week of Oct. 17-23, the Highland County Sheriff’s Office received 299 911 calls, answered 155 requests fo...
Pat DeWine visiting HillsboroOhio Supreme Court candidate Judge Pat DeWine will visit Highland County GOP headquarters at 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 25. ...
Greenfield Police Department reports
The Greenfield Police Department has released the following information:Oct. 21, 2016ARRESTS/CITATIONS:Dalton Kerns, 20, Hillsboro, was arrested for v...
Not long ago the Highland County Historical Society announced plans to save and restore old reliefs from the Colony Theatre in Hillsboro before most o...
McClain falls to East Clinton, 33-27
By Bill Liermann LEES CREEK — After a slow start, both teams offenses kicked it in to high gear Friday when McClain visited East Clinton for a So...
Six weeks can change a lot in college football
Do you remember The Associated Press college football Preseason Top 25?Neither did I, so I had to look it up to see who it got right, who it got wrong...
McClain vs. Upper Arlington
Editor’s note – This is a part of a continuing series of previews for the third annual Ohio Valley Hoops Classic Basketball Tournament tha...
SCOL fall sports standings
The South Central Ohio League has completed the regular season in eight of its nine fall sports. Listed below are the final standings in those sports:...
OHSAA Football Computer Rankings
The Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA) Football Computer Ratings as of Oct. 18 are listed below. The top eight schools from each region in ...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Shadowens joins HDH staff
Highland District Hospital has announced Karen Shadowens as its new vice president of finance and chief financial officer. She most recently served as...
Highland County Fair results
The following are results from the 2016 Highland County Fair:Department 3 – DAIRYClass 1 – HolsteinLot 1 – Female Junior Heifer Calf...
Poultry team headed to national event
Highland County 4-H has announced that a 4-H poultry judging team will represent Ohio at the National 4-H Poultry and Egg Conference competition held ...
Fairfield FFA attends national convention
Twenty-four Fairfield FFA members left Wednesday morning for national convention in Indianapolis with the Mowrystown FFA on a charter bus. They headed...
Hillsboro FFA holds Ag Day
The Hillsboro FFA Chapter held its annual Ag Day on Oct. 14 at the high school. Hillsboro FFA members lead groups of Hillsboro Elementary School fourt...
Sad loss; Trump; monsters; aliases
This and that this week…Rest in peace, Mr. CreightonVernon Creighton lost his life last week in a farm accident in Brown County. Mr. Creighton w...
The American consensus: Lives matter
When it comes to issues dealing with abortion, most Americans group themselves into one of two opposite camps: pro-life or pro-choice. But according t...
Trump should thank Bill Clinton
If he hasn’t already done so, Donald Trump should place a call to Bill Clinton and say, “Thank you.” Trump should also send thank yo...
Did it shrink or did I grow?
It’s intriguing how perceptions changes as we age. When I was in the sixth grade a teacher asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up. My res...
It’s time to stop clowning around
I mean, you probably already already know this by now, though … I mean, you have been watching the presidential and vice presidential debates, r...
The basement blogger’s day is here
After the first presidential debate, Donald Trump relentlessly touted - as he did throughout the Republican primaries - his status as the winner of vi...