Two of the more than 20 people indicted following Tuesday’s December session of a Highland County grand jury are Hillsboro residents charged with kidnapping and abduction, among other charges.
Jeremy C. Purdom, 32, and Krystal L. Boatman, 25, both of Hillsboro, are each charged with first-degree felony kidnapping, third-degree felony abduction, fourth-degree felony receiving stolen property, second-degree felony illegal manufacture of drugs, and third-degree felony illegal assembly or possession of chemicals for the manufacture of drugs.
Boatman is also charged with illegal conveyance of weapons or prohibited items onto the grounds of a detention facility or institution, a third-degree felony. Additionally, Purdom’s indictment includes a forfeiture specification.
Both are currently incarcerated at the Highland County Justice Center.
The remaining indictments handed down Tuesday are as follows:
• Edward W. Bigger, 24, Martinsville, charged with burglary, a second-degree felony, and fifth-degree felony theft;
• Larry F. Cook, 40, and Heather D. Cook, 37, both of Hillsboro, charged with theft by deception, a fourth-degree felony;
• Kevin D. Mosley, 45; Tonia S. Mosley, 41; John B. Hester, 39; and Tamara L. Hester, 42, are each charged with theft by deception, a fifth-degree felony;
• Christopher L. Holycross, 28, Greenfield, charged with felonious assault, a second-degree felony;
• Heather N. Conley, 24, Hillsboro, charged with possession of heroin, a fifth-degree felony;
• Robert D. Throckmorton, 24, Greenfield, charged with possession of cocaine, a fifth-degree felony;
• Steven H. Huffman, 26, Hillsboro, charged with forgery and receiving stolen property, both fifth-degree felonies;
• Derrick J. Osborne, 21, Hillsboro, charged with illegal manufacture of drugs and illegal assembly or possession of chemicals for the manufacture of drugs, second- and third-degree felonies, respectively;
• Michael D. Jarnigan, 31, Lynchburg, charged with failure to register a change of address as a registered sex offender, a third-degree felony;
• Robin R. Neal, 35, Hillsboro, charged with aggravated possession of methamphetamine, a fifth-degree felony;
• Ty T. Erskine, 38, Greenfield, charged with third-degree felony illegal conveyance of weapons or prohibited items onto the grounds of a detention facility or institution;
• Mark J. Vaught, 32, Hillsboro, charged with possession of heroin, a fourth-degree felony, having weapons while under disability, a third-degree felony, and a forfeiture specification;
• Lance T. Higgins, 27, Greenfield, and Harold R. Chaney Jr., aka Rick Chaney Jr., no address, are each charged with fourth-degree felony wrecking.
• Kenneth M. Matthews, 40, Leesburg, charged with fifth-degree felony nonsupport.