Magnolia Twig marks end of an era


Wednesday, June 1, 2016, marked the end of an era for one of Highland District Hospital’s most faithful contributors. The Magnolia Twig, one of over 20 different branches of volunteers that started serving HDH in 1955 before the hospital changed locations, gave its last contribution to HDH Foundation Director Cathy Jones and CEO Randy Lennartz. The members of the Magnolia Twig reminisced about their days serving the hospital, where they would mend sheets and gowns, and even spoke of the many contributions they purchased for the hospital including carts, arts and crafts for the Edith Brown Pavilion, lobby furniture, carafe sets, defibrillators, furnishing a patient room, and the purchase of linens. Highland District Hospital and the Highland District Hospital Foundation are honored to have had such faithful donations made by the Twig over the span of 60 years. Pictured are (back row, l-r) Arlene Cole, secretary; Tina Hudson, treasurer; and Randy Lennartz, HDH president and CEO; (front tow, l-r) Geneva Burns, president; Elsie Young, member; and Cathy Jones, HDH Foundation director. Not pictured are Twig members Marilyn Jackson, Jackie Moss, Eugenia Rockhold and Regina Zimmerman.


Wednesday, June 1, 2016, marked the end of an era for one of Highland District Hospital’s most faithful contributors. The Magnolia Twig, one of over 20 different branches of volunteers that started serving HDH in 1955 before the hospital changed locations, gave its last contribution to HDH Foundation Director Cathy Jones and CEO Randy Lennartz. The members of the Magnolia Twig reminisced about their days serving the hospital, where they would mend sheets and gowns, and even spoke of the many contributions they purchased for the hospital including carts, arts and crafts for the Edith Brown Pavilion, lobby furniture, carafe sets, defibrillators, furnishing a patient room, and the purchase of linens. Highland District Hospital and the Highland District Hospital Foundation are honored to have had such faithful donations made by the Twig over the span of 60 years. Pictured are (back row, l-r) Arlene Cole, secretary; Tina Hudson, treasurer; and Randy Lennartz, HDH president and CEO; (front tow, l-r) Geneva Burns, president; Elsie Young, member; and Cathy Jones, HDH Foundation director. Not pictured are Twig members Marilyn Jackson, Jackie Moss, Eugenia Rockhold and Regina Zimmerman.

Wednesday, June 1, 2016, marked the end of an era for one of Highland District Hospital’s most faithful contributors. The Magnolia Twig, one of over 20 different branches of volunteers that started serving HDH in 1955 before the hospital changed locations, gave its last contribution to HDH Foundation Director Cathy Jones and CEO Randy Lennartz. The members of the Magnolia Twig reminisced about their days serving the hospital, where they would mend sheets and gowns, and even spoke of the many contributions they purchased for the hospital including carts, arts and crafts for the Edith Brown Pavilion, lobby furniture, carafe sets, defibrillators, furnishing a patient room, and the purchase of linens. Highland District Hospital and the Highland District Hospital Foundation are honored to have had such faithful donations made by the Twig over the span of 60 years. Pictured are (back row, l-r) Arlene Cole, secretary; Tina Hudson, treasurer; and Randy Lennartz, HDH president and CEO; (front tow, l-r) Geneva Burns, president; Elsie Young, member; and Cathy Jones, HDH Foundation director. Not pictured are Twig members Marilyn Jackson, Jackie Moss, Eugenia Rockhold and Regina Zimmerman.
http://timesgazette.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/web1_Magnolia-Twigpic.jpgWednesday, June 1, 2016, marked the end of an era for one of Highland District Hospital’s most faithful contributors. The Magnolia Twig, one of over 20 different branches of volunteers that started serving HDH in 1955 before the hospital changed locations, gave its last contribution to HDH Foundation Director Cathy Jones and CEO Randy Lennartz. The members of the Magnolia Twig reminisced about their days serving the hospital, where they would mend sheets and gowns, and even spoke of the many contributions they purchased for the hospital including carts, arts and crafts for the Edith Brown Pavilion, lobby furniture, carafe sets, defibrillators, furnishing a patient room, and the purchase of linens. Highland District Hospital and the Highland District Hospital Foundation are honored to have had such faithful donations made by the Twig over the span of 60 years. Pictured are (back row, l-r) Arlene Cole, secretary; Tina Hudson, treasurer; and Randy Lennartz, HDH president and CEO; (front tow, l-r) Geneva Burns, president; Elsie Young, member; and Cathy Jones, HDH Foundation director. Not pictured are Twig members Marilyn Jackson, Jackie Moss, Eugenia Rockhold and Regina Zimmerman.
comments powered by Disqus