2nd Update: Lambert indicted by federal grand jury


By Gary Abernathy - [email protected]



Lambert


Bob Lambert was indicted Wednesday by a federal grand jury on four counts related to child pornography.

The indictments are on file at the United States District Court, Southern Ohio, in Cincinnati, and were obtained by The Times-Gazette through the U.S. court’s online access system after a clerk confirmed the indictments.

Lambert was indicted Wednesday on two counts of producing or attempting to produce child pornography, and one count each of possession of child pornography and distribution of child pornography.

The indictments handed down Wednesday say that between June 1 and June 25, 2016, Lambert “did knowingly employ, use, persuade, induce, entice and coerce a minor… to engage in sexually explicit conduct… for the purpose of producing a visual depiction of such conduct… which visual depiction was produced using materials that had been mailed, shipped and transported in and affecting interstate and foreign commerce by any means, including by computer.”

A separate indictment states that on Aug. 9, the day of his arrest, Lambert possessed pornographic material involving a minor “who had not attained 12 years of age…”

Lambert, former director of the Highland County Visitors Bureau, will likely be transferred from the Highland County Justice Center, where he has been held on $50,000 bond, to a Hamilton County facility. Charges that were filed against him in Highland County will likely be dismissed as the federal court takes over the case.

Lambert was arrested Aug. 9 after the Hillsboro Police Department received information regarding “criminal activity involving sexual acts with minors at a residence in the 400 block of East Main Street,” according to a press release at the time from HPD. “During this investigation officers received information that led to a search warrant being served” at Lambert’s residence, police said.

Police took various electronic devices and other items after executing the search warrant and placing Lambert under arrest

In mid-August, Lambert waived his right to a preliminary hearing and his case was bound directly to the grand jury. But he was not among 14 individuals who were indicted when the Highland County Grand Jury met for its September session, and Anneka Collins, the county prosecutor, said the case remained under investigation.

Police had charged Lambert, 62, with second-degree felony illegal use of a minor in nudity oriented material or performance, and fifth-degree felony pandering obscenity with a minor, according to court records.

The Times-Gazette learned that the case was initiated when a relative of a minor contacted police with concerns about the boy’s activities with Lambert. Police located and interviewed the minor, who is believed to be 16.

A short time before his arrest, Lambert had said on social media that he was planning to move to Florida, prompting police to act quickly.

According to an affidavit from Hillsboro Police Sgt. Shawn Kelley, the investigating officer in the case, Lambert “on or about the month of June, 2016 in Hillsboro, Ohio did unlawfully create, produce obscene material that portrayed a minor as one of its participants.” He “did also buy, procure, possess, or control obscene material, that has a minor as one of its participants,” the affidavit alleged.

Reach Gary Abernathy at 937-393-3456 or on Twitter @abernathygary.

Lambert
http://timesgazette.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/web1_Lambert-Bob-mug-4.jpgLambert

By Gary Abernathy

[email protected]

comments powered by Disqus