More snow in the forecast


By Angela Shepherd - [email protected]



With schools closed on Tuesday not just in Highland County, but surrounding counties and more snow continuing to fall, it would seem that winter is having another go in the area.

According to the National Weather Service, Highland County was under a winter weather advisory until 6 a.m. Wednesday with additional snow accumulations of one to two inches expected overnight Tuesday on top of what had already accumulated since Monday evening.

Kathleen Fuller, public information officer with the Ohio Department of Transportation District 9, said in a press release that as of Tuesday morning more than 100 snow plow operators and technicians were out on the roads after Monday night saw the upgrading of the forecast to a winter storm warning. She said a total accumulation of six to eight inches in the region is possible.

According to the National Weather Service, snow is predicted for the coming days as well. The forecast as of Tuesday for the coming days is: Wednesday, snow showers with 40 percent chance of precipitation, with less than one inch of new accumulation possible, wind chill as low as zero; Thursday, partly sunny with a high near 21; Friday, 30 percent chance of snow after noon, mostly cloudy with a high near 25; Saturday, 30 percent chance of snow showers, high near 17; Sunday, mostly sunny and a high near 18; Monday, mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of snow and a high near 30.

ODOT District 9 includes Adams, Brown, Highland, Jackson, Lawrence, Pike, Ross, and Scioto counties. For statewide road condition information, go to ODOT on the web at www.Ohgo.com. Go to noaa.gov or weather.gov for current forecast information.

Reach Angela Shepherd at 937-393-3456, ext. 1681, or on Twitter @wordyshepherd.

By Angela Shepherd

[email protected]

comments powered by Disqus