Hillsboro schools evacuated again


By Jeff Gilliland - [email protected]



Another threat was found in a bathroom Thursday at Hillsboro High School/Middle School that forced the evacuation of students in both schools.

It was the third threat found at the schools since March 18.

“This afternoon a threat was found in a bathroom that was of concern to us,” the school said Thursday on its Facebook page. “Out of an abundance of caution we evacuated both the middle school and high school around 1:45 p.m.”

The Facebook post said that students that drove to school were permitted to go home, while other students were evacuated to the soccer field bleachers until buses or someone else arrived to pick them up. Parents were permitted to pick up students at the back of the buildings anytime after they were evacuated.

The high school and middle school normally dismiss at 2:30 p.m.

Around 3:20 p.m. the school sent out a message on its One Call system saying that the middle school and high school had been cleared and reopened. Evening activities at the school were canceled, but away athletic events were to go on as scheduled.

A pair of notes threatening bombs were found at the school on March 18. That incident led to the middle school and high school being evacuated by students and staff for more than two hours.

Another bomb threat was found in a bathroom after students had already been dismissed from school Wednesday. About 10 students that were in the building for after-school activities were evacuated for about 15 minutes.

Reach Jeff Gilliland at 937-402-2522 or on Twitter @13gillilandj.

http://timesgazette.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/web1_Hillsboro-police-logo-1.jpg

By Jeff Gilliland

[email protected]

comments powered by Disqus