Lions provide Portable Magnifier unit


Pictured (l-r) are OLF Trustee Lion Jim Faust, Mt. Orab Lion Mark Slack, Mt. Orab President Lion Sherry Bingamon, R.J. Liming, Melanie Liming and Jennifer Liming.


Courtesy photo

A Portable Magnifier unit designed for blind persons was presented at the Mt. Orab Lions Club meeting on Oct. 12. This unit is the latest in technology and was given to R.J. Liming, an eight-year-old boy who lives near Georgetown. The Ohio Lions Foundation (OLF) provided 90 percent of the cost of the unit, with the other 10 percent coming from the Mt. Orab Lions Club. Jim Faust, a member of the Lynchburg Lions Club and OLF Trustee from Lions District 13-J, made the presentation to R.J. and his mother Jennifer Liming.

This unit is a Prodigi Connect 12 model with Distance Camera Kit. It has a touchscreen, a wireless camera, 12-hour portable battery pack, open Android platform, preinstalled Google Docs, Drive, Gmail, Google+, Hangouts and Chrome, plus Smartboard connectivity.

The OLF also provides GPS and/or iPad units for those who are legally blind and who have financial need.

Submitted by Jim Faust.

Pictured (l-r) are OLF Trustee Lion Jim Faust, Mt. Orab Lion Mark Slack, Mt. Orab President Lion Sherry Bingamon, R.J. Liming, Melanie Liming and Jennifer Liming.
http://timesgazette.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/web1_LynchburgLionspic.jpgPictured (l-r) are OLF Trustee Lion Jim Faust, Mt. Orab Lion Mark Slack, Mt. Orab President Lion Sherry Bingamon, R.J. Liming, Melanie Liming and Jennifer Liming. Courtesy photo
comments powered by Disqus