Hard to believe, but early voting for the 2015 General Election starts Tuesday.
The Highland County Board of Elections recently reminded voters that some precincts have changed their polling locations.
The precincts with changes and their new locations include:
• Lynchburg (37) and Dodson (39): Lynchburg Fire Department.
• Liberty Northeast (61) and Liberty South (63): Hills & Dales Training Center.
• Hamer (56) and Salem (83): Hamer Township Building.
• Paint North (76), Paint Southeast (77) and Paint Southwest (78): Rainsboro School.
The deadline to register to vote in this election is Monday, Oct. 5, when the election office will have extended hours from 8 a.m. until 9 p.m. Voter registrations are available in the board office, local public library, Bureau of Motor Vehicles or Highland County Treasurer’s office.
Those who are already a registered voter and need to update their address can go to www.highlandcountyelections.com and update online.
Early voting begins on Tuesday, Oct. 6 in the board office at 1575 N. High St., Suite 200, or via absentee mail request. Hours of operation for the board office during early voting are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on each weekday (Monday through Friday).
During week four of early voting, the hours will be:
• 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. on each weekday (Monday through Friday).
• 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on the Saturday before Election Day
• 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. on the Sunday before Election Day
• 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the Monday before Election Day.
Any voters in line at the end of these regular business hours will be permitted to make their application and vote.
Voting is easier than ever, and remains one of our most important rights and responsibilities. If you are not registered to vote, do so by Monday. There are a number of local races and issues, along with state issues in this election. Let your voice be heard.
Election-related questions can be directed to the local board of elections office at 937-393-9961.