Veteran gravestones get facelift
Portman rallies Highland County Republicans
10th annual GHS History Day
Barrera announces $25,725 traffic safety grant
2nd Update: Lambert indicted by federal grand jury
- Veteran gravestones get facelift - 7:03 pm
- Faust wins $2,000 top prize during Habitat fundraiser - 5:43 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 3:36 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 3:35 pm
- Highland County Sheriff’s Office reports - 1:41 pm
- Portman rallies Highland County Republicans - 3:45 pm updated: 3:47 pm.
- 10th annual GHS History Day - 6:43 pm updated: 6:44 pm.
- State releases redacted Pike County autopsies - 6:16 pm
- One transported from accident scene - 4:56 pm
- Barrera announces $25,725 traffic safety grant - 4:20 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 4:09 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 4:02 pm
- Wreck tangles vehicles - 1:50 pm updated: 6:01 pm.
- 2nd Update: Lambert indicted by federal grand jury - 12:46 pm updated: 2:40 pm.
- School board has 30 days to appoint new member - 9:48 pm
- Deceased POW to get HHS diploma - 8:14 pm
- Conservation Farm Family - 4:59 pm updated: 6:41 pm.
- Back in the saddle - 8:57 pm updated: 9:09 pm.
- Greenfield annexation on hold - 4:43 pm
- Early voting starts here Oct. 12; no ‘golden week’ - 4:20 pm
- Teen sentenced for bomb threat - 4:02 pm updated: 5:30 pm.
- Drug plan approved - 8:27 pm
- Kids ‘invisible victims’ of opioid crisis in Highland County, elsewhere - 4:49 pm
- More transparency with online checkbooks - 3:39 pm
- A surprise painting - 8:35 pm
- Motown coming uptown - 7:51 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 5:46 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 5:42 pm
- HDH taking cautious look at new pain management program - 5:10 pm updated: 7:22 pm.
- Highland County Sheriff’s Office reports - 2:51 pm
- Historical society looking to expand hall of fame - 9:04 pm
- OCC concert Sunday at Prospect UMC - 4:17 pm
- Hillsboro man gets 8 years for vehicular assault - 3:56 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 3:15 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 3:13 pm
- Quack for Habitat: Duck race, 5K fun run/walk Sept. 24 - 3:07 pm
- Paint Creek, with grant, acquires new tender truck - 12:00 pm updated: 12:58 pm.
- State report card grades bring complaints - 6:14 pm
- Burwinkel Bright Futures Award winner - 1:50 pm
- Drug problem’s link to foster kids outlined - 1:43 pm
- Sam Barnhouse remembered as jovial, kindhearted - 9:37 am updated: 9:41 am.
- Mayor proclaims ‘Constitution Week’ - 4:18 pm
- Lambert case still being investigated - 3:52 pm
- FGBMFI dinner, meeting - 2:22 pm
- Salt magazine available today - 11:00 am
- Proposed ADAMH levy will fight opiate epidemic, officials say - 10:50 am
- New ideas for 6th G3 Oktoberfest - 7:16 pm
- 14 indicted Tuesday on drug, theft, other charges - 5:04 pm updated: 6:20 pm.
- Help the Hungry Saturday - 4:31 pm
- Council OK’s water bill freeze - 3:51 pm
Greenfield Police Department reports
The Greenfield Police Department has released the following information:Sept. 19ARRESTS/CITATIONSDustin Pinkerton, 33, Washington C.H., was arrested f...
Hillsboro Police Department reports
The Hillsboro Police Department has released the following information:Sept. 21INCIDENTAt 11:53 p.m., the policed department responded to the 800 bloc...
Wreck tangles vehicles
Two people were transported to a hospital following a two-vehicle crash Friday afternoon on North High Street in Hillsboro.The Hillsboro Police Depart...
2nd Update: Lambert indicted by federal grand jury
Bob Lambert was indicted Wednesday by a federal grand jury on four counts related to child pornography.The indictments are on file at the United State...
School board has 30 days to appoint new member
Photo: Bryanna Buerkle, the new student representative to the Hillsboro City Schools Board of Education, is sworn in Wednesday by treasurer Ben T...
HHS comes up short to ‘Cane
The Hillsboro took very little time getting on the scoreboard first on Friday night against the Wilmington Hurricane, as they threw a 65 yard touchdow...
FHS Lions cross country top five in state
The Fairfield High School cross country team, who has already had a stellar season this fall, added another accolade this week by making it into the t...
Ohio Valley Classic Analysis: Chaminade Julienne vs Fern Creek
The Times-Gazette continues its Ohio Valley Hoops Classic matchup articles. This week: Chaminade Julienne vs Fern Creek.Dayton Chaminade Julienne will...
Lady Mustangs get past Rockets
The Lynchburg-Clay Lady Mustangs volleyball team hosted Southern Hills Athletic Conference opponent Fayetteville on Thursday night and were able to co...
Lynchburg, McClain split
The McClain Tigers soccer teams hosted Lynchburg-Clay high school on Wednesday night in a cross-county showdown. At the end of the night, each school ...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Christmas organ tour coming to Greenfield
Each of Greenfield’s three historic pipe organs will be showcased in an inaugural Christmas special scheduled for Sunday, Dec. 11.The Lyon and H...
Attacking the ACT
High school juniors and seniors from area school districts wasted no time in getting a head start on planning for college by spending their last Satur...
Writing seminar scheduled at Hillsboro library
A local writer/editor with decades of experience in the publishing world will be hosting a seminar at the Hillsboro library.Carol Cartaino will be dis...
McClain groups helping at Special Olympics
Greenfield McClain cheerleaders and Tigerettes will be helping out with the Special Olympics in Hillsboro Saturday. They will leave for Hills and Dale...
Storers will celebrate 60 years
Russell and Nora (Heffner) Storer were married on Oct. 21, 1956 in West Charleston at the West Charleston Church of the Brethren. Their daughters, Jud...
Hillary’s health, Trump’s racism
For daring to ask Hillary Clinton several questions and follow-up questions about her disregard for national security in regard to her use of private ...
Old sports writer rides again
For the first time in a long time I covered a high school football game last week. It was not how I intended to spend my Friday evening when I woke up...
The old man and the baby
The old man sat down in the overstuffed chair while the rest of the family gathered in the kitchen and the other rooms in the large house, chatting, l...
The history of school dress code
Much like parents around the county, I shipped my kid off to school last week.Unlike many other parents around the county, I didn’t post the cla...
Colony plan good compromise
The latest plan in regard to the Colony Theatre seems like a good middle ground between trying to salvage the landmark and demolishing it completely.M...
Different, but really the same
Can it really be that time of year? That was the question I asked myself last Friday as I stepped out the back office door and heard the familiar soun...