Wilkin, Britton join land bank board
‘Lake has potential to be more’
Criminal case filings down 29% last year in Highland County Common Pleas Court
Crash cuts power to preschool
In Hillsboro, higher ed chancellor touts need for ‘seamless education’
- Wilkin, Britton join land bank board - 5:50 pm
- Ohio court will hear debate on autopsies of 8 Rhoden family members - 5:39 pm
- Bea is speaker Hillsboro FGBMFI - 12:47 pm
- Kemper speaking at Hillsboro Aglow - 12:35 pm
- ‘Lake has potential to be more’ - 7:50 pm updated: 10:02 pm.
- Criminal case filings down 29% last year in Highland County Common Pleas Court - 5:22 pm
- Crash cuts power to preschool - 3:21 pm updated: 5:43 pm.
- In Hillsboro, higher ed chancellor touts need for ‘seamless education’ - 2:28 pm
- Meth allegedly found on man hiding - 1:46 pm updated: 1:48 pm.
- Rash of field fires Monday - 7:23 pm updated: 7:48 pm.
- St. Patrick’s Day Brunch March 19 - 7:20 pm
- Music in the air with St. Mary’s Concert Series - 5:06 pm
- Wilmington man dies in plane crash - 4:52 pm updated: 7:50 pm.
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 1:55 pm
- SATH’s 18th Charity Auction set for March 4 - 7:31 pm
- Society gathering info on recently-hired humane officer - 6:35 pm
- Coss, Collins, Wilkin question sentencing plan - 6:31 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 1:43 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 1:42 pm
- Hillsboro schools taking summer feeding program on the road - 9:17 pm
- ‘Future of HHS athletics’ - 7:45 pm
- High speed chase ends with 2 arrests - 5:26 pm
- Transloading facility in Greenfield not happening now - 3:50 pm
- VIDEO: Sheriff gets keys to cruiser, substation to tackle Rocky Fork Lake crime - 1:20 pm updated: 3:07 pm.
- Involuntarily manslaughter trial dismissed on technicality, will be re-indicted - 1:07 pm
Rash of field fires Monday
Dry and windy conditions on Monday resulted in multiple field fires that had the Paint Creek Joint Fire/EMS District out and about extinguishing the f...
St. Patrick’s Day Brunch March 19
The Highland County Historical Society is kicking off its spring season with its annual St. Patrick’s Day Brunch scheduled for Sunday, March 19 ...
Music in the air with St. Mary’s Concert Series
At St. Mary’s Episcopal Church, spring is a time of not only longer days and warmer weather, but also of music.This is the fourth year that the ...
Wilmington man dies in plane crash
A Wilmington man died when his experimental plane crashed in a field Sunday afternoon in Clark County east of Springfield.The pilot and sole occupant,...
Greenfield Police Department reports
The Greenfield Police Department has released the following information:Feb. 18ARRESTS/CITATIONSFloyd Hawkins, 34, Greenfield, was arrested for failur...
SATH’s 18th Charity Auction set for March 4
One of the biggest fundraisers of the year for KAMP Dovetail, the 18th annual SATH Charity Auction, has been scheduled for Saturday, March 4 and your ...
The Oscars, for conservatives
“Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the first-ever Conservative Academy Awards, brought to you from the party room of Al’s Steakhouse at the...
Our View: A tougher attack on those who peddle poison
Highland County Prosecutor Anneka Collins’ decision to pursue involuntary manslaughter charges under some circumstances against people suspected...
Visits to Mt. Zion and elsewhere
I was in my office the other evening when my buddy Don Kelley stopped by to chat for a couple minutes. Don’s a member of a couple of tractor clu...
Our View: Approval of Rocky Fork Lake plan good news for the future
It was good news that the budget and implementation plan for the Rocky Fork Lake Area Safety and Advancement Project (RFL-ASAP) project has been appro...
Drew: To be or not to be mayor?
At various times last year there were people suggesting that Drew Hastings should step down as mayor when he was under investigation for a variety of ...
Don’t ask me to clean up the mess
I must have been feeling a little rebellious, and if you were to ask my parents they’d probably tell you that was my general state of mind durin...
Last-ever SCOL wrestling tourney held
The last-ever South Central Ohio League wrestling tournament was held at Hillsboro High School Saturday, bringing in the SCOL’s eight wrestling ...
Lynchburg-Clay seniors play last home gameThe Lynchburg-Clay Mustangs played their last regular-season game Friday night, with six seniors saying good...
Weekend tourney action
The Lynchburg-Clay Lady Mustangs earned a slot in the district semifinal Saturday after galloping over the West Union Dragons 82-30 at Valley High Sch...
Hillsboro Police Department reports
The Hillsboro Police Department has released the following information:Feb. 17ARRESTS/CITATIONSHeather Rowlands, 28, of Lynchburg, was cited for speed...
Hillsboro falls to McClain
The McClain Tigers were on the prowl to settle the score against the Hillsboro Indians Friday night after a 2-point loss to their rival earlier in the...
FHS ladies win sectional championship
The Fairfield Lady Lions started from behind in the first quarter Thursday night, but after a close game, the Leesburg ladies had outcrafted the Clay ...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
12th annual Wildflower Pilgrimage
The Arc of Appalachia’s 12th annual Wildflower Pilgrimage will be held at the Highlands Nature Sanctuary near Bainbridge from April 13-15. Headq...
Locals indicted in Clinton Co.
The following individuals with address in or near Highland County were recently indicted by a Clinton County grand jury. The alleged criminal activiti...
Lincoln’s General will visit Georgetown
Lincoln’s Generals, a professional living history group, will make their second appearance in Georgetown at the 21st annual U.S. Grant Days even...
McClain FFA third in state
The McClain FFA chapter competed in the Agricultural Communications Contest on Feb. 11. The contest prepares students for careers in journalism, radio...
Paint Valley ADAMH website has a new look
The Paint Valley Alcohol, Drug Abuse and Mental Health (ADAMH) Board has announced the launch of a new website. It has a new look, but the www.pvadamh...