Wallace pleads guilty to manslaughter charge
Taking it to the streets
School board does not renew principal’s contract
No injuries in rollover wreck Wednesday
Wilmington’s R+L to sponsor ‘Smokin’ in the Hills’ at Rocky Fork Lake
- Wallace pleads guilty to manslaughter charge - 9:51 pm
- Taking it to the streets - 9:45 pm
- School board does not renew principal’s contract - 8:27 pm
- No injuries in rollover wreck Wednesday - 4:33 pm
- It’s time to pull out the compass - 1:43 pm
- Wilmington’s R+L to sponsor ‘Smokin’ in the Hills’ at Rocky Fork Lake - 1:12 pm updated: 3:40 pm.
- Downtown Drug moves - 6:13 pm updated: 6:25 pm.
- Overdoses ‘the new normal’ in Highland County - 5:53 pm
- Wenstrup ‘optimistic’ on Trump budget - 5:30 pm
- Lee Hendee had ‘a love and passion for radio’ - 4:12 pm
- Highland County Sheriff’s Office reports - 12:04 pm
- Lincoln School revisited - 7:23 pm
- HDH, TriHealth partner to offer sports medicine - 6:57 pm updated: 7:25 pm.
- Workforce director says drugs affecting hiring, employee turnover in Highland County - 6:14 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 5:04 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 4:50 pm
- AP honors Times-Gazette’s coverage of Hastings investigation - 2:37 pm updated: 2:52 pm.
- Sassafras Festival, fireworks returning to Rocky Fork - 7:24 pm
- Highland County Historical Society’s Tour of Homes and Historic Buildings June 11 - 6:11 pm
- Destined to work with kids - 6:05 pm
- Firearm charge dropped against Hillsboro man - 5:25 pm updated: 5:52 pm.
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 4:24 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 4:22 pm
- Like people? Love music? This band is for you - 6:38 pm updated: 6:47 pm.
- Leesburg man sentenced for receiving stolen property - 5:56 pm
Lee Hendee had ‘a love and passion for radio’
Lee Hendee, a popular local and regional radio personality who once said he got into broadcasting because he became enamored with Hillsboro radio lege...
Highland County Sheriff’s Office reports
Sheriff Donnie Barrera reports for the week of May 15-21 the Highland County Sheriff’s Office received 258 911 calls, answered 150 requests for ...
Lincoln School revisited
The Highland County Historical Society has announced the opening of the long-awaited Lincoln School Exhibit on Saturday, June 3 from 1-4 p.m. at the H...
HDH, TriHealth partner to offer sports medicine
TriHealth and Highland District Hospital announced Monday they are partnering to offer the Hillsboro community and surrounding area orthopedic and spo...
Workforce director says drugs affecting hiring, employee turnover in Highland County
While Tara Campbell said there’s no evidence the opiate epidemic has directly affected unemployment numbers in Highland County, the workforce se...
Hillsboro Police Department reports
The Hillsboro Police Department has released the following information:May 19ARRESTS/CITATIONSJoseph Temple, 45, of Hillsboro, was cited for failure t...
Need your help for athletic HOF
The end of the 2016-17 school year is quickly approaching and that means The Times-Gazette is accepting nominations for its 8th annual Highland County...
It’s OK if the truth is boring
In many ways, Watergate did irreparable harm to journalism.The journalistic investigation into the misdeeds of Richard Nixon undoubtedly helped bring ...
Stand up and take a bow
About two months ago I had the pleasure of covering a basketball game like none I have ever covered. Over the years, I have covered more basketball ga...
It sure was a pretty something
I saw a news item a couple of weeks ago that said, “MTV gets rid of gender-specific categories for awards.”The ABC News story quoted an MT...
‘We have to do something’
In the short amount of time I’ve been writing for this newspaper, I’ve been exposed to the drug problem in ways I never thought I would - ...
OUR VIEW: On Tuesday, vote yes for the Paint Valley levy
Highland County Sheriff Donnie Barrera said Friday that reported drug overdoses in Highland County are up a shocking 286 percent in the first quarter ...
HDH Foundation golf outing in JuneThe Highland District Hospital Foundation will host its annual golf outing Friday, June 16 at the Buckeye Hills Coun...
Fairfield Lady Lions advance to the Sweet 16 Pickerington Regional for the fifth time in seven years
It was an absolutely beautiful day for softball as the Fairfield Lady Lions made their sixth appearance in the last seven years in the Southeast Distr...
Fairfield, Lynchburg-Clay, and Whiteoak advance combined 13 athletes and four relay teams to regional meet
Fairfield, Lynchburg-Clay, and Whiteoak High Schools traveled to Southeastern High School on Saturday for the finals of the Southeast Div. III distric...
Hillsboro and McClain track and field teams advance eight athletes to regionals
Hillsboro High School’s boys and McClain High School’s boys and girls track and field teams traveled to Washington High School on Saturday...
Hillsboro and McClain athletes honored at final SCOL spring sports banquet
The South Central Ohio League (SCOL) on Wednesday held its final sports recognition banquet at Grace Community Church in Washington C.H.The SCOL was f...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Marsh honored for 30 coaching years
Rodger Marsh, left, was honored at Tuesday’s Hillsboro City Schools Board of Education meeting for serving for 30 years as a track and football ...
Pet of the Week
The Highland County Humane Society Pet of the Week is Tucker, a 2-year-old male mixed breed. Tucker is a sweet boy. He never meets a stranger. He just...
SSCC Highland County honors lists
Southern State Community College has released its president’s and dean’s list for academic excellence for the spring semester 2017.To be e...
Scioto Paint introduces director, counselor
May is Mental Health Awareness Month and in light of that the Scioto Paint Valley Mental Health Center (SPVMHC) would like to introduce some of its lo...
Albright Hospice of Hope medical director
Hospice of Hope and Hospice of Hope Ohio Valley have announced that Robert Albright, M.D., has joined the organization as full-time medical director. ...