Colony facade could get facelift; dog park moves along
In wake of MCO change, county agencies revising budgets
Liberty Lions Club forming in Hillsboro area
County fair has rich history
Local parties gearing up for fall election
- FFL pageant applications due Sept. 16 - 8:03 pm
- Large, ancient logs - 7:01 pm
- Realtors hold annual RPAC luncheon - 6:06 pm updated: 6:17 pm.
- ‘Have respect during SCOL’s final season’ - 6:00 pm updated: 10:20 pm.
- Colony facade could get facelift; dog park moves along - 4:29 pm updated: 4:33 pm.
- Drug problem grows here, there and everywhere - 5:23 pm updated: 5:44 pm.
- In wake of MCO change, county agencies revising budgets - 11:15 am updated: 7:53 am.
- Liberty Lions Club forming in Hillsboro area - 8:22 pm
- County fair has rich history - 5:47 pm updated: 5:58 pm.
- Local parties gearing up for fall election - 3:52 pm
- Highland County Sheriff’s Office reports - 1:55 pm
- ‘Stewart’ lights up center - 7:44 pm updated: 10:40 pm.
- Despite recent break, hot days aren’t over yet - 7:00 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 3:38 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 3:36 pm
- Highland County travel report - 2:35 pm
- Destiny Bryson new visitors bureau director - 11:18 am
- Hillsboro Under the Radar concert canceled - 4:10 pm
- Cutie Pie, Cutie Pet contests back at fair - 8:01 pm
- Hillsboro man gets 9 years - 7:27 pm
- She’d do it all again - 7:16 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 3:21 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 2:05 pm
- Mosquitoes: A nip in the air - 1:48 pm updated: 2:05 pm.
- Board hires treasurer - 7:31 pm
- Higher yields, but lower corn prices predicted - 5:09 pm updated: 5:23 pm.
- 2nd Update: Lambert waives prelim; case to grand jury - 11:20 am updated: 2:31 pm.
- Bradford resigns from FOB - 6:38 pm
- Highland County women’s achievements honored - 4:47 pm
- Flooding washes out road section - 2:50 pm updated: 4:41 pm.
- Sheriff: More officers on duty Labor Day weekend - 1:51 pm
- Homemade bomb found, dismantled during pot bust - 11:58 am
- County to take hit after MCO change - 10:55 am updated: 5:25 pm.
- Concert in Hillsboro uptown area - 7:41 pm updated: 11:23 am.
- Pioneer photographer - 6:00 pm
- Bringing ‘big city fun’ to Hillsboro - 5:48 pm updated: 6:09 pm.
- Vehicle pursuit started in WCH, ended in Leesburg - 5:44 pm
- Take Note - 12:10 pm updated: 12:30 pm.
- For fun and charity - 8:18 pm
- Coss: A positive advocate impacting lives every day - 7:19 pm updated: 8:49 pm.
- Motorcycle crash claims Hillsboro man - 5:40 pm updated: 6:08 pm.
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 4:56 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 3:29 pm
- Filing offers more details in Hastings case - 2:43 pm updated: 3:06 pm.
- Collins: Example to young Highland County women - 6:25 pm
- Niehaus gets 18 months - 4:22 pm updated: 4:24 pm.
- Fitness, OT, ‘me too’ bargaining issues for city, FOP - 3:56 pm updated: 4:49 pm.
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 2:41 pm
- Ghosts come alive - 8:58 pm
- Anders: Volunteer and more for over 55 years - 7:25 pm
Local parties gearing up for fall election
The local arms of the two major political parties are gearing up for the fall election, with the Republicans already opening their headquarters full t...
Highland County Sheriff’s Office reports
Sheriff Donnie Barrera reports for the week of Aug. 15-21, the Highland County Sheriff’s Office received 311 911 calls, answered 121 requests fo...
‘Stewart’ lights up center
About 170 people turned out Saturday evening to help the Highland County Senior Citizens Center raise a little more than $2,700 during a dinner show b...
Despite recent break, hot days aren’t over yet
The temperatures and the humidity of the past few weeks have made “staying cool” a very real goal, even with the recent break in temperatu...
Hillsboro Police Department reports
The Hillsboro Police Department has reported the following information:Aug. 19ACCIDENTSThe police department investigated a call of an accident on Uhr...
Greenfield Police Department reports
The Greenfield Police Department has released the following information:Aug. 19ARRESTS/CITATIONSCurtis Ferrell, 31, Greenfield, was arrested for domes...
Indians host scrimmage, fish fry
The Hillsboro High School football team hosted Paint Valley on Friday night on their annual Fish Fry Friday held the scrimmage Friday before the seaso...
Jackson heading to Air Force
Former McClain High School graduate Dante Jackson has joined the men’s basketball coaching staff at Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Coloa...
Lady Indians host Circleville in scrimmage
The Hillsboro Lady Indians soccer team faced off against their first outside competition on Thursday evening as they hosted Circleville for their firs...
Second Annual Bill Pfister Classic a success
The Second Annual Bill Pfister Goldstick Classic Wiffleball Tournament was held this past Saturday, August 6 in Lynchburg. 18 teams participated in th...
Fairfield Lions golf falls to Warriors 184-205
The Fairfield Lions golf team visited the Eastern Brown Warriors in Georgetown on Tuesday and fell 184-205. Jordan Johnson of Eastern was the medalist...
Hillsboro Indians scrimmage Unioto
Hillsboro’s quarterback pitches the ball to one of his runningbacks during the scrimmage Tuesday nightAn Indian’s player finds room on the...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Local business helps Soles for Students
Shoe Sensation, located in the Highland Plaza at 1472 N. High St. in Hillsboro, has partnered with Soles for Students to help put shoes on students...
Bright Local schools welcome new year
Bright Local team members received a heroes’ welcome last Monday, Aug. 15, at the back to school in-service day. Teachers, staff, and faculty we...
Ringing in the start of school
The kindergarten students at Greenfield Elementary assembled for the rining of the victory bell Tuesday to mark the beginning of their first school ye...
Union Chapel helps Bright Local students
The Union Chapel Church gave needy families in Bright Local School District full book bags for the start of school with the help of some churches in W...
Check It Out
September is Library Card Sign-up Month and the staff at the Leesburg Library would like to remind parents that your children need to have the “...
Teachers attend energy education workshops
Teachers of multiple grade levels all across Ohio will walk into classrooms this fall ready to share with their students exciting new information, lab...
Drew, Bob & guilt by association
According to some people, it’s very important that you know that Drew Hastings and Bob Lambert are friends, because to know that is to help you ...
Seniors and financial exploitation
Elder financial exploitation is a crime that has been called the “Crime of the 21st Century.” The Area Agency on Aging District 7 (AAA7) a...
Singing in the Big Apple
Walt Disney once said, “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” With all due respect to Walt, he was wrong.O...
A GOP friend? Get a dog
My late uncle, Bill Kibler, a staunch Republican, used to regularly go into conniption fits over the fact that the Democratic Party does a much better...
Good to see you, old friend
It was a warm, bright July morning as we pulled into the parking lot on South College Street in Sabina. We arrived at the Cove for the Sabina Church o...
There is good, there is bad
Donald Trump has proven himself to be one of the most effective communicators in modern political history, not only by taking advantage of social medi...