Sheriff: Mad River Road standoff ends in suicide
‘People are dying and they don’t have to’
A hall of fame night
Warrant leads to 400 plants
Storms, ‘likely tornado’ cause damage in Clinton County
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 2:28 pm updated: 3:20 pm.
- Highland County Sheriff’s Office reports - 2:03 pm
- Take Note - 11:38 am
- Community Calendar - 11:18 am
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 10:30 am
- Sheriff: Mad River Road standoff ends in suicide - 6:39 pm updated: 11:29 am.
- ‘People are dying and they don’t have to’ - 7:32 pm
- A hall of fame night - 7:14 pm
- Society seeks heirlooms - 6:59 pm
- Warrant leads to 400 plants - 4:45 pm
- Sheriff: Drive sober or get pulled over - 3:24 pm
- Paint with Palette at SOS - 2:44 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 1:46 pm
- Parker Hastings coming to Highland House - 12:19 pm updated: 1:11 pm.
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 11:13 am
- Take Note - 10:52 am updated: 11:51 am.
- Barns of Highland County - 5:23 pm updated: 5:56 pm.
- Nearly $300,000 available for sewer systems - 3:24 pm
- Something new for SSCC Theatre’s 13th season - 2:18 pm
- Take Note - 2:00 pm
- Storms, ‘likely tornado’ cause damage in Clinton County - 11:47 am updated: 12:12 pm.
- Relaying all night long - 7:21 pm
- Ellison gets life, no parole - 6:34 pm updated: 6:36 pm.
- Overdoses and addiction eating at county funds - 3:39 pm
- Take Note - 10:56 am updated: 4:47 pm.
- ‘I never quit and I never gave up’ - 8:04 pm updated: 8:04 pm.
- School employees getting raises - 6:19 pm
- Coss named to Board of Professional Conduct - 6:16 pm
- KAMP Dovetail an annual miracle - 5:07 pm
- Fireworks back in Hillsboro this year - 3:40 pm updated: 3:45 pm.
- Take Note - 10:26 am
- For the love of the game - 8:44 pm
- Farmers market opens Saturday - 6:37 pm
- 10 to life in child rape case - 6:22 pm
- HCA has new home - 5:23 pm
- Highland County Sheriff’s Office reports - 1:15 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 12:09 pm
- Take Note - 10:56 am updated: 12:15 pm.
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 10:37 am
- It all started with a farm accident - 8:43 pm
- ‘The last roundup’ - 7:35 pm
- Celebrating 35 years - 6:35 pm
- Edgewood Manor achieves 4-star rating - 5:41 pm
- RFCA holds ‘Meet Your Candidates’ - 5:38 pm
- Collecting ‘Sweats for Survivors’ - 4:07 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 3:14 pm
- SR 28 will reopen June 20 - 1:43 pm
- Take Note - 11:24 am
- Corvac happy to be here - 8:23 pm
- Farm Feast and tractor show Saturday - 8:14 pm
Warrant leads to 400 plants
A father and son were arrested after hundreds of suspected marijuana plants were discovered at a location where they were found, Highland County Sheri...
Paint with Palette at SOS
Samaritan Outreach Services will host a Paint with Palette fundraiser on Friday, July 1 from 6-9 p.m. at its new Uptown Community Room located at 110 ...
Hillsboro Police Department reports
The Hillsboro Police Department has released the following information.ACCIDENTOn Tuesday, June 14 at 1:49 p.m. the police department responded to a t...
Parker Hastings coming to Highland House
The Highland County Historical Society is hosting another musical venue on Sunday, July 3 to celebrate the holiday. The society’s Highland House...
Greenfield Police Department reports
The Greenfield Police Department has released the following information:June 19, 2016ARRESTS/CITATIONS:Kevin Steward, 54, Greenfield, was arrested for...
OHSAA changes cross country post season structure
Several changes to the high school cross country postseason will take effect this fall after the Ohio High School Athletic Association’s Board o...
Festival of Bells 5KThe streets of Hillsboro will once again be the site of the annual Festival of the Bells 5K Run/Walk. This has been a popular even...
Celebration of Life Memorial Golf Scramble
The community is invited to come out and play in the “Celebration of Life” Memorial Scholarship Golf Scramble on Friday, July 22 at the Bu...
NCB donates check to Hillsboro Legion
NCB donated $1,500 to the Hillsboro Legion Baseball program. Hillsboro Legion Baseball is a non-profit organization that was established by Richard (D...
Larrick, Pierson All-State
Two local athletes have made it onto the Ohio All-State team for baseball and softball. Fairfield’s Grace Larrick and Lynchburg-Clay’s Dev...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Locals awarded educational excellence grants
The Southern Ohio Agricultural & Community Development Foundation Board of Trustees met recently at the Endeavour Center at the OSU South Centers ...
‘Time Travels’ in print again
After being out of print for three years, the book “Time Travels: 200 Years of Highland County History,” told through diaries, letters, st...
Gretchen Huffman publishes poetry book
Local resident Gretchen Huffman has published a book of poetry entitled, “On the Inside, Looking Out,” which is available at the Hillsboro...
Greenfield Library Link
Summer Reading Adventure is here. Summer reading is for all ages 1- 111. Vacation time is a great time for some down time with a book. We’ve got...
Hillsboro FFA members visit Washington, D.C.
Six members of the Hillsboro FFA Chapter just returned from Washington, D.C.Bryanna Buerkle, Ashley Chaney, Taylor Chaney, Kennedi Claycomb, Morgan Ho...
Locals awarded at AAA7 Art Show
The artwork of local seniors was recently showcased at the Area Agency on Aging District 7’s (AAA7) 34th Annual Senior Citizens Art Show and Ess...
Dear Ann-Margret: Call me
Dear Ann-Margret,I just read where you were recently honored with the King Vidor Award for Excellence in Filmmaking at the San Luis Obispo Internation...
From a son to his father
In about one month I will experience something I’ve never experienced before. Lord willing, I will see my oldest son be married to his high scho...
I presume Drew is innocent
“The presumption of innocence is now the presumption of guilt. The burden of proof is a travesty because the proof is often lies. Guilt beyond a...
A grim situation all around
I am heartbroken that Harambe had to die. And, as I always tend to side with the animal, I feel like it didn’t need to happen.But then there is ...
History happily repeats itself
When local historian Jean Wallis first wrote her Highland Guidepost features for The Times-Gazette (back when it was the Press Gazette), there was, of...
Take time to remember why
By Jeff Gilliland - [email protected] Maybe U.S. Rep. and Army Reserve officer Brad Wenstrup said it best in a column that appeared i...