‘Smoke on the Water’ set for Rocky Fork Lake
More than 30 vendors set for Thursday Homemakers Show
Barrera announces new ‘tip411’ smartphone app for anonymous messages to sheriff’s office
Man arrested after shots fired in Taylor Court in Hillsboro
National Day of Prayer event set in Greenfield
- ‘Smoke on the Water’ set for Rocky Fork Lake - 1:19 pm
- Hillsboro police investigating Walnut Street overdose death - 11:25 am updated: 1:05 pm.
- Archibald owned WSRW for 40 years - 8:49 pm updated: 11:29 pm.
- More than 30 vendors set for Thursday Homemakers Show - 2:45 pm updated: 2:47 pm.
- Barrera announces new ‘tip411’ smartphone app for anonymous messages to sheriff’s office - 2:01 pm
- Man arrested after shots fired in Taylor Court in Hillsboro - 1:52 pm
- National Day of Prayer event set in Greenfield - 6:10 pm
- KAMP Dovetail in need of $24,000 - 6:02 pm
- Fire causes heavy damage at Greenfield business - 5:28 pm updated: 5:33 pm.
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 2:24 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 2:22 pm
- Highland County Sheriff’s Office reports - 1:27 pm
- Uganda native to speak in Hillsboro - 1:05 pm
- ‘It’s because you give us a reason to keep going’ - 8:17 pm
- ‘We have choices that affect us’ - 5:36 pm
- Hillsboro Elks devoted to ‘removing roadblocks’ - 4:41 pm
- Cheerleaders helping cheerleaders - 4:34 pm
- Arrest made after Lynchburg car fire; HCSO says man threatened to set himself on fire - 3:12 pm updated: 3:14 pm.
- Bigger reward sought for slain family - 7:13 pm
- ‘Keeping up appearances’ no small task for Highland County Courthouse - 6:22 pm updated: 6:27 pm.
- Projects on the move at Hillsboro schools; Snively leaving for superintedent job at alma mater - 5:59 pm
- Coss scolds woman over probation issue, pot test in Highland County common pleas - 5:22 pm updated: 5:27 pm.
- U.S. 50 temporarily closed near Bainbridge - 11:38 am
- Man gets 2 years for meth chemicals - 4:38 pm
- Up to 20 witnesses to testify at Proctor trial - 3:48 pm
Hillsboro Police Department reports
The Hillsboro Police Department has released the following information:STATISTICSThe statistics for the week beginning Monday, April 17 through Sunday...
Greenfield Police Department reports
The Greenfield Police Department has released the following information:April 17ARRESTS/CITATIONSBobbi Giffin, 33, Greenfield, was arrested for public...
Highland County Sheriff’s Office reports
Sheriff Donnie Barrera reports for the week of April 17-23, the Highland County Sheriff’s Office received 267 911 calls, answered 156 requests f...
Uganda native to speak in Hillsboro
On Saturday, April 29, St. Mary Roman Catholic Church welcomes this year’s Compassion International speaker Michael Kirungi of Uganda. Kirungi w...
‘It’s because you give us a reason to keep going’
As he prayed prior to the ninth annual Anna’s Army Day Walk in uptown Hillsboro Friday, local minister Jeff Lyle thanked Anna’s parents, J...
‘We have choices that affect us’
As firefighters, paramedics and law enforcement officials rushed to the scene and a medical helicopter roared overhead, students from local high schoo...
Drug crisis is a terrorist attack
Narcan is a brand name for the drug Naloxone, and is most commonly used to revive people who overdose on opioids like heroin. As The Times-Gazette rep...
Grandpa wrote for pleasure
My grandfather, William Haley, was an Irishman and farmer who loved to write stories. He also loved the land, but when the depression came and the mon...
Women as leaders worth telling
I had been a professional reporter for about three weeks before I experienced subtle sexism for the first time in my journalism career.“Are you ...
He went out doing what he hated
When my time comes, I hope I die doing something that I hate.I was thinking about this because over the weekend I read a story online about a man from...
Revenge comes in many colors
Thanks to an entertaining email from a friend this week, I was reminded of an incident long ago. So, let’s take a trip back in time, say about 3...
Hillsboro staff thanks kindergarten registration volunteers
Letter to the editor:My staff at the Hillsboro City Schools Early Childhood Center and I would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to the many volunt...
McClain falters against Chillicothe
The McClain Tigers dropped a home match-up against South Central Ohio League (SCOL) rivals the Chillicothe Cavaliers, on Friday by a score of 11-4, to...
Fairfield Lady Lions shut out the Fayetteville Lady Rockets 4-0
The Fairfield Lady Lions returned to Southern Hills Athletic Conference play this afternoon at Fayetteville High School after a well-deserved day off ...
Hillsboro hosts first invitational at new track and field center
The Hillsboro Indians hosted the Hillsboro Invitational on Thursday evening. The meet marked the first time in 40 plus years that Hillsboro High Schoo...
McClain athletes excel at local meets
The McClain track teams traveled to the Waverly Invitational April 11 with the boys placing second and the girls placing third out of 6. Chayden Pitze...
Lynchburg-Clay defeats Peebles and Ripley in SHAC action
Mustangs vs IndiansIn their second Southern Hills Athletic Conference (SHAC) game, in as many days, the Lynchburg-Clay Mustangs (6-6, 5-2 SHAC) hosted...
Evans signs with Wright State
Fairfield senior Wyatt Evans is pictured with his parents Tracy and Gary Evans and sister Tori Priest. Wyatt signed his letter of intent with Wright S...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Greenfield students earn DAR award
During a recent Greenfield Exempted Village Schools Board meeting, the board recognized students who received the Daughters of the American Revolution...
Free flights Saturday for kids 8-17
The Highland County Pilots’ Association, in conjunction with the EAA of Clermont County, will host its annual Young Eagles event Saturday, April...
Morgan promoting Festival of Bells
William Michael Morgan has been promoting his upcoming appearance at the Festival of the Bells in Hillsboro. This year’s festival runs Thursday,...
Boating at Lake White this summer
The Ohio Department of Natural Resources has made significant progress on the dam at Lake White State Park which will allow the floodgates on the new ...
ODOT projects beginning and underway
The following traffic advisory includes road construction and major maintenance projects requiring long-term lane restrictions and/or closures along t...