Hobart Road project causing U.S. 62 traffic restrictions


The Times-Gazette



More traffic restrictions are coming today due to the road construction project on Hillsboro’s north side that will soon provide another link between U.S. Route 62 and SR 73.

Additional restrictions will be imparted on U.S. 62 in Hillsboro this week in conjunction with the Hobart Road extension project at Hillsboro, the Ohio Department of Transportation said in a news release.

On Wednesday, Sept. 30, U.S. 62 traffic will be shifted onto existing and temporary pavement in two, 10-foot lanes at the intersection with Hobart Road for turn lane construction. Although two-way traffic on U.S. 62 will be maintained, ODOT said it wants to remind motorists to use additional caution in the construction zone.

As of last week, the new Carl Smith Drive and reconstructed Careytown Road have been opened to traffic, along with a roundabout at the routes’ intersection. In addition, Hobart Road has been restricted to one-way westbound traffic from U.S. 62 to its intersection with Careytown Road. All eastbound Hobart Road motorists traveling from Homestead Avenue to U.S. 62 may detour by way of the new extension – or, Carl Smith Drive – to SR 73 and Harry Sauner Road or by way of Careytown Road, according to ODOT.

In partnership with the Highland County Engineer’s Office, ODOT awarded a contract to the John R. Jurgensen Company of Cincinnati for approximately $6.9 million to improve Hobart Road and construct the 1.2-mile extension between U.S. 62 and SR 73. With an interim completion this fall, all work is scheduled to be completed by August of 2016.

For additional information regarding lane and road closures caused by construction, accidents, flooding or other related traffic events throughout the state, visit www.ohgo.com.

http://timesgazette.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/web1_ODOT-logo3.jpg

The Times-Gazette

comments powered by Disqus