‘It’s because you give us a reason to keep going’
‘We have choices that affect us’
Hillsboro Elks devoted to ‘removing roadblocks’
Cheerleaders helping cheerleaders
Arrest made after Lynchburg car fire; HCSO says man threatened to set himself on fire
- ‘It’s because you give us a reason to keep going’ - 8:17 pm
- ‘We have choices that affect us’ - 5:36 pm
- Hillsboro Elks devoted to ‘removing roadblocks’ - 4:41 pm
- Cheerleaders helping cheerleaders - 4:34 pm
- Arrest made after Lynchburg car fire; HCSO says man threatened to set himself on fire - 3:12 pm updated: 3:14 pm.
- Bigger reward sought for slain family - 7:13 pm
- ‘Keeping up appearances’ no small task for Highland County Courthouse - 6:22 pm updated: 6:27 pm.
- Projects on the move at Hillsboro schools; Snively leaving for superintedent job at alma mater - 5:59 pm
- Coss scolds woman over probation issue, pot test in Highland County common pleas - 5:22 pm updated: 5:27 pm.
- U.S. 50 temporarily closed near Bainbridge - 11:38 am
- Man gets 2 years for meth chemicals - 4:38 pm
- Up to 20 witnesses to testify at Proctor trial - 3:48 pm
- A day in the life with Paint Creek emergency responders - 3:29 pm updated: 7:16 pm.
- Adams: 101 children in Highland County foster system - 1:41 pm
- Commissioners declare Child Abuse Prevention Month - 12:27 pm
- So far, 140 early votes for May 2 primary election in Highland County - 10:56 am updated: 1:44 pm.
- 9th annual Anna’s Army Day - 8:14 pm
- Rider flown from HDH after motorcyle wreck - 4:54 pm
- Merchants, NCB, First State combine to sponsor main stage at Festival of the Bells - 3:34 pm updated: 3:45 pm.
- HUBA hosts Easter egg hunt - 8:39 pm
- Hillsboro man receives award from governor - 7:42 pm
- A box for blessings - 7:34 pm updated: 8:07 pm.
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 3:17 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 3:16 pm
- Highland County Sheriff’s Office reports - 12:17 pm
U.S. 50 temporarily closed near Bainbridge
An emergency remediation project has begun on U.S. Route 50 in Ross County, where the route was closed approximately three miles east of Bainbridge la...
Man gets 2 years for meth chemicals
A man who admitted to assembling chemicals used for cooking meth was sentenced to two years in prison Wednesday in Highland County Common Pleas Court....
Up to 20 witnesses to testify at Proctor trial
The prosecution plans to call as many as 20 witnesses, including five expert witnesses, in the trial of the Hillsboro man whose infant daughter was ho...
A day in the life with Paint Creek emergency responders
Emergency responders with the Paint Creek Joint EMS/Fire District have reached a consensus - you never can tell what’s going to happen on the jo...
Adams: 101 children in Highland County foster system
Highland County Job and Family Services Director Katie Adams told county commissioners Wednesday that there are currently 101 children in the foster s...
Commissioners declare Child Abuse Prevention Month
Caseworkers and other staff from Highland County Job and Family Services were present at a Wednesday meeting of the Highland County Board of Commissio...
Grandpa wrote for pleasure
My grandfather, William Haley, was an Irishman and farmer who loved to write stories. He also loved the land, but when the depression came and the mon...
Women as leaders worth telling
I had been a professional reporter for about three weeks before I experienced subtle sexism for the first time in my journalism career.“Are you ...
He went out doing what he hated
When my time comes, I hope I die doing something that I hate.I was thinking about this because over the weekend I read a story online about a man from...
Revenge comes in many colors
Thanks to an entertaining email from a friend this week, I was reminded of an incident long ago. So, let’s take a trip back in time, say about 3...
Hillsboro staff thanks kindergarten registration volunteers
Letter to the editor:My staff at the Hillsboro City Schools Early Childhood Center and I would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to the many volunt...
Type ‘Amen’ or risk the penalty
Outside of work-related social media, on a personal level I consider myself the most casual user of Facebook, Twitter and all other social media platf...
McClain athletes excel at local meets
The McClain track teams traveled to the Waverly Invitational April 11 with the boys placing second and the girls placing third out of 6. Chayden Pitze...
Lynchburg-Clay defeats Peebles and Ripley in SHAC action
Mustangs vs IndiansIn their second Southern Hills Athletic Conference (SHAC) game, in as many days, the Lynchburg-Clay Mustangs (6-6, 5-2 SHAC) hosted...
Evans signs with Wright State
Fairfield senior Wyatt Evans is pictured with his parents Tracy and Gary Evans and sister Tori Priest. Wyatt signed his letter of intent with Wright S...
Rumpke signs to play golf at Holy Cross College
Hillsboro High School senior Hannah Rumpke is pictured Wednesday signing a national letter of intent to play golf for Holy Cross College, an NAIA scho...
Fairfield beats Whiteoak in SHAC baseball and softball action
The Fairfield Lions, baseball and softball teams, hosted the Whiteoak Wildcats, on Tuesday, in Southern Hills Athletic Conference (SHAC) action. The L...
Lynchburg-Clay and Whiteoak travel to East Clinton in track and field action
Two local track and field teams, the Whiteoak Wildcats, and the Lynchburg-Clay Mustangs, traveled to East Clinton High School on Monday to participate...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Cincinnati Reds display at Hillsboro library
The summertime spirit is alive and well at the Highland County District Library in Hillsboro, where Cincinnati Reds memorabilia is on display.Melanie ...
Highland SWCD celebrates 75 years
A celebration was hosted on April 18 by the Highland Soil and Water Conservation District (SWCD) and the Highland County Historical Society to commemo...
St. Mary makes a difference
Saint Mary Catholic School has continued its cause to contribute to the community by collecting coins. During the month of February, the school collec...
Ladies Night Out at Five Points on April 28 supports 4-H
A Ladies Night Out to support Highland County 4-H is scheduled from 6-8 p.m. Friday, April 28, at Five Points Implement Company in Hillsboro.The event...
USDA offers rural home loans for low-income residents
The U.S. Department of Agriculture Rural Development agency has federal money available in its Single Family Housing Direct Loan program for eligible ...