Feeling a lot like Christmas
Whited resigns; mayor says case became personal
2nd Update: Nativity returns; students bring Christmas tree to courthouse
Highest point in county
County taking hit in 2017 budget
- Feeling a lot like Christmas - 7:55 pm
- Man gets 2 years added in prison - 5:33 pm
- Whited resigns; mayor says case became personal - 2:49 pm updated: 4:43 pm.
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 2:44 pm
- Highland County Sheriff’s Office reports - 2:04 pm
- Take Note - 10:29 am
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 10:27 am
- 2nd Update: Nativity returns; students bring Christmas tree to courthouse - 11:30 pm updated: 3:37 pm.
- Historic organs part of Pipes of Christmas - 7:30 pm
- Highest point in county - 6:42 pm
- A Village Christmas - 5:30 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 3:39 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 12:52 pm
- Take Note - 9:31 am
- 14 months away from home - 6:36 pm
- Uptown Christmas is Friday - 4:48 pm
- Take Note - 10:47 am
- Locals helping Tennessee fire victims - 7:21 pm
- Christmas Tour of Homes - 6:33 pm updated: 8:46 pm.
- County taking hit in 2017 budget - 3:40 pm
- Mayor seeks outside counsel to outline authority - 3:07 pm updated: 5:21 pm.
- Take Note - 11:18 am
- From tragedy to triumph - 9:23 pm updated: 9:24 pm.
- SSCC committed to Adams Co. campus - 6:11 pm updated: 1:36 pm.
- Drug use in home concerns lead to child’s removal - 5:10 pm
Highest point in county
Editor’s note: For many years, local historian Jean Wallis provided a feature to The Times-Gazette called “Highland Guideposts.” She...
Hillsboro Police Department reports
The Hillsboro Police Department has released the following information:Nov. 29INCIDENTSThe police department responded to a shoplifting compliant at a...
Greenfield Police Department reports
The Greenfield Police Department has released the following information:Nov. 28, 2016ARRESTS/CITATIONS:Kevin Bain, 44, Washington Court House, was iss...
Fill the TruckThe fifth annual Fill the Truck event for the Highland County Community Action Organization, Inc. will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sa...
14 months away from home
The permanent custody of three siblings is yet to be decided until the judge hears more evidence in regard to a relative whose home study is pending w...
UPDATE W/STATS: Lions outrun Astros in opener 69-44
LEES CREEK — Leesburg Fairfield opened the second half with a 13-2 run and never looked back in beating East Clinton 69-44 in the season opener ...
‘Stangs kick New Richmond 60-45
The Lynchburg-Clay Mustangs started their season strong Friday night with a 60-45 win against the New Richmond Eagles at the Ohio Valley Hoops Classic...
Lady Wildcats will play with heart
The Whiteoak Lady Wildcats will play hard this year — and they’ll have to if they want to improve on last year’s 5-17 record while f...
Wildcats are young, but talented
Coach Jeremy McGraw and the Whiteoak boys basketball team hope to improve on last year’s 5-18 record by focusing on the Wildcat’s young, h...
‘Stangs crush Devils 89-54
The Lynchburg-Clay Lady Mustangs galloped to a win Thursday night in a home game against the North Adams Green Devils girls team.The Mustangs maintain...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Adams returns to Farm Bureau board
For the fourth time, Craig Adams of Leesburg has been elected to a three-year term on the board of trustees of the Ohio Farm Bureau Federation.As a tr...
Stoney Point Road closing at SR 138 intersection
Crews from the Ohio Department of Transportation’s Highland County Highway Maintenance Facility have scheduled to replace a culvert at SR 138 an...
Woods wins turkey
Mary Woods from Bainbridge was the winner of a Western & Southern Life turkey giveaway during Boo Fest held in Hillsboro on Oct. 27. .neFileBlock ...
Blairs will celebrate 60 years
Plinny and Beulah Blair were married on Dec. 8, 1956 at the First Baptist Church in Hillsboro. Minister Billie Lucas performed the ceremony. Plinny an...
Koehls donate to HDH campaign
Cathy Jones, Highland District Hospital Foundation director, accepts a donation made by Tim and Deb Koehl toward the HDH Foundation GreatER Care Campa...
Butler completes basic training
U.S. Air Force Airman Jordan B. Butler graduated from basic military training at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, San Antonio, Texas.The airman comple...
We can be right, or happy
I completely empathize with Todd Wilkin. I once had a very similar experience.In 2001, I was hired by the new chairman of the West Virginia Republican...
Time to focus on next 4 years
Exhale America.The most divisive election in history is over and we can all get back to our normal lives. Hopefully.I’ve not seen such nastiness...
In praise of Clinton & Obama
Today, the story of how a Hillsboro native’s thoughtful gesture reminds me just how much President Obama means to millions of Americans. But fir...
How could I forget that one?
In this space a week ago I wrote about some of my misadventures with the snow and ice while driving. You’d think the ones I mentioned would be e...
Is there not enough hate already?
It is a practical question, that one up there in the headline for this column.I think a lot of us would agree that there is enough hate already, so le...
Trump’s win shocks media & elites
Before discussing Donald Trump’s astounding victory, another quick observation from the Drew Hastings trial.Because of conflicting testimony, th...