GHS Cemetery Stroll Monday
Highland County Sheriff’s Det. Schinkal: ‘They’re my kids’
Warner: Drug abuse is serious public health issue in Highland County
Wallace pleads guilty to manslaughter charge
Taking it to the streets
- GHS Cemetery Stroll Monday - 6:20 pm
- Highland County Sheriff’s Det. Schinkal: ‘They’re my kids’ - 6:06 pm updated: 8:58 pm.
- Warner: Drug abuse is serious public health issue in Highland County - 5:19 pm updated: 5:37 pm.
- Estle home dates to 1841 - 3:31 pm
- Adena expands services in Highland County - 1:13 pm
- Wallace pleads guilty to manslaughter charge - 9:51 pm
- Taking it to the streets - 9:45 pm
- School board does not renew principal’s contract - 8:27 pm
- No injuries in rollover wreck Wednesday - 4:33 pm
- It’s time to pull out the compass - 1:43 pm
- Wilmington’s R+L to sponsor ‘Smokin’ in the Hills’ at Rocky Fork Lake - 1:12 pm updated: 3:40 pm.
- Downtown Drug moves - 6:13 pm updated: 6:25 pm.
- Overdoses ‘the new normal’ in Highland County - 5:53 pm
- Wenstrup ‘optimistic’ on Trump budget - 5:30 pm
- Lee Hendee had ‘a love and passion for radio’ - 4:12 pm
- Highland County Sheriff’s Office reports - 12:04 pm
- Lincoln School revisited - 7:23 pm
- HDH, TriHealth partner to offer sports medicine - 6:57 pm updated: 7:25 pm.
- Workforce director says drugs affecting hiring, employee turnover in Highland County - 6:14 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 5:04 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 4:50 pm
- AP honors Times-Gazette’s coverage of Hastings investigation - 2:37 pm updated: 2:52 pm.
- Sassafras Festival, fireworks returning to Rocky Fork - 7:24 pm
- Highland County Historical Society’s Tour of Homes and Historic Buildings June 11 - 6:11 pm
- Destined to work with kids - 6:05 pm
It’s time to pull out the compass
In May of 2002, young Leonardo Diaz, a novice hiker from Colombia, was completing the adventure of his life. He and a group of his friends were hiking...
Wilmington’s R+L to sponsor ‘Smokin’ in the Hills’ at Rocky Fork Lake
R+L Carriers will be the signature sponsor of a barbecue cook-off event set to be held at Rocky Fork Lake this September, it was announced Wednesday d...
Downtown Drug moves
Hoping to provide more convenience for its customers, Downtown Drug has moved a couple doors down from its previous location to a new home at 119 S. H...
Overdoses ‘the new normal’ in Highland County
Emergency crews have responded to at least 18 overdoses around the county so far this month, according to Branden Jackman, public information officer ...
Wenstrup ‘optimistic’ on Trump budget
Ohio Congressman Brad Wenstrup (R-2nd Dist.) said Tuesday that President Trump’s budget proposal leaves him “optimistic” that he can...
Lee Hendee had ‘a love and passion for radio’
Lee Hendee, a popular local and regional radio personality who once said he got into broadcasting because he became enamored with Hillsboro radio lege...
Need your help for athletic HOF
The end of the 2016-17 school year is quickly approaching and that means The Times-Gazette is accepting nominations for its 8th annual Highland County...
It’s OK if the truth is boring
In many ways, Watergate did irreparable harm to journalism.The journalistic investigation into the misdeeds of Richard Nixon undoubtedly helped bring ...
Stand up and take a bow
About two months ago I had the pleasure of covering a basketball game like none I have ever covered. Over the years, I have covered more basketball ga...
It sure was a pretty something
I saw a news item a couple of weeks ago that said, “MTV gets rid of gender-specific categories for awards.”The ABC News story quoted an MT...
‘We have to do something’
In the short amount of time I’ve been writing for this newspaper, I’ve been exposed to the drug problem in ways I never thought I would - ...
OUR VIEW: On Tuesday, vote yes for the Paint Valley levy
Highland County Sheriff Donnie Barrera said Friday that reported drug overdoses in Highland County are up a shocking 286 percent in the first quarter ...
Hillsboro Lady Indians Basketball CampThe Hillsboro Lady Indians Basketball Camp will be held June 5-8 in the Hillsboro High School gymnasium. Camp fo...
Hillsboro, Lynchburg-Clay, and Whiteoak have seven players selected to all-district baseball teams
The Southeast Ohio District Athletic Board released the all-district team selections for Div. II, III, and IV district baseball tournament on Tuesday....
HDH Foundation golf outing in JuneThe Highland District Hospital Foundation will host its annual golf outing Friday, June 16 at the Buckeye Hills Coun...
Fairfield Lady Lions advance to the Sweet 16 Pickerington Regional for the fifth time in seven years
It was an absolutely beautiful day for softball as the Fairfield Lady Lions made their sixth appearance in the last seven years in the Southeast Distr...
Fairfield, Lynchburg-Clay, and Whiteoak advance combined 13 athletes and four relay teams to regional meet
Fairfield, Lynchburg-Clay, and Whiteoak High Schools traveled to Southeastern High School on Saturday for the finals of the Southeast Div. III distric...
Hillsboro and McClain track and field teams advance eight athletes to regionals
Hillsboro High School’s boys and McClain High School’s boys and girls track and field teams traveled to Washington High School on Saturday...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Gard retiring after 26 years
Peggy Gard, city of Hillsboro tax commissioner, will retire on May 31, 2017 after 26 years with the city of Hillsboro. She started working for the cit...
Bailey earns Mercy College honors
The following students were awarded honors for the spring 2017 semester at Mercy College of Ohio. To be named on the dean’s list, a student must...
Hertlein honored at Morehead
The annual Morehead State University College of Science Academic Awards Banquet was held May 4 in the Button Drill Room of Button Auditorium.Among tho...
Marsh honored for 30 coaching years
Rodger Marsh, left, was honored at Tuesday’s Hillsboro City Schools Board of Education meeting for serving for 30 years as a track and football ...
HDH celebrates National Hospital Week
Highland District Hospital celebrated National Hospital Week recently with daily giveaways, food and prizes for its employees and volunteers. All of t...